Untitled G.I. Joe film
|Untitled G.I. Joe film|
|Produced by||Lorenzo di Bonaventura |
|Based on||G.I. Joe|
di Bonaventura Pictures
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Search Untitled G.I. Joe film on Amazon.
The untitled G.I. Joe film is an upcoming military science fiction action film based on Hasbro's G.I. Joe toy, comic, and media franchise. It is the second installment in the reboot G.I. Joe film series, and a sequel to 2021's Snake Eyes set in the Hasbro Cinematic Universe.
- Mark Wahlberg as Duke
- Samara Weaving as Shana O’Hara / Scarlett
- Henry Golding as Snake Eyes
On April 1, 2013, reports surfaced that there will be a third G.I. Joe film, and it will likely be in 3D. The studio announced that Jon M. Chu will return to direct the third film. While at the 2013 San Diego Comic Con, Chu talked about bringing Scarlett back in the next film. The writers of the second film are also thinking about bringing back the Baroness in the sequel. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura has stated he is open to doing a G.I. Joe/Transformers crossover, which Chu stated that he would be interested in directing. Bonaventura told Beijing News that the script is still in the writing stage, and that they are considering adding a third important role. On September 10, 2013, Chu was confirmed to direct the film, along with writer Evan Daugherty (Snow White and the Huntsman, Divergent, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) to pen the film's script. On December 5, 2013, Daugherty talked about writing the film's script and his feelings about Duke being killed, but Chu told MTV that Tatum may return as Duke in the sequel. On April 2, 2014, in an interview with Collider, Johnson believes that Chu may not return to direct, due to working on the live action Jem film, but they may find another director for the film. On June 23, 2014, di Bonaventura told Collider in an interview that they're meeting with new directors and filming may start in early 2015. On July 1, 2014, Variety reported that Jonathan Lemkin will write the script for the film. Martin Campbell was in talks to direct the film. On January 12, 2015, D. J. Caruso was also in talks to direct. Aaron Berg was hired on April 1, 2015 to write the script for the film. In September 2017, it was announced that a reboot of the franchise will happen.
On April 23, 2013, Dwayne Johnson is interested in returning as Roadblock for the sequel, and Ray Park has talked about a possible return as Snake-Eyes and also including his pet wolf Timber. In 2013, Bonaventura told Beijing News that he hoped that Johnson and Bruce Willis would return. On July 1, 2014, Variety reported that Jonathan Lemkin will write the script that focuses on Roadblock with Johnson returning. In September 2016, Byung-hun Lee told LRM Online that the studio doing the third film is waiting on the actors to return, including Johnson. In May 2017, Dwayne Johnson stated that if the opportunity arises he would appear in any future G.I. Joe film, and that he hopes to be a part of the franchise expansion as well. In May 2018, That Hasttag Show reported that the film's sequel will be called G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant and the studio are looking to get Johnson to reprise the role of Roadblock and will look for actors for Dania Janack, Dr. Adele Burkhart, Wild Bill, Barbecue, General Flagg, Doc and Keel-Haul to stop Tomax and Xamot Paoli who will be the film's main antagonists, with a cameo by Cobra Commander, but the story was taken down. On March 10, 2020, Mark Wahlberg was reportedly in talks to play Duke, with the possibility of Henry Golding and Samara Weaving reprising their roles.
It was revealed that the third film will have a 2016 release date. The Hollywood Reporter has reported that Paramount announced that Snake Eyes will be released on March 27, 2020, Until June 2019, Snake Eyes was moved to an October 23, 2020 release date. It is unknown when this movie will be released.
In December 2015, The Hollywood Reporter reported that both Hasbro and Paramount are creating a cinematic universe combining the G.I. Joe film series with Micronauts, Visionaries, M.A.S.K. and ROM together, which included Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer, Cheo Coker, John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein, Joe Robert Cole, Jeff Pinkner, Nicole Riegel and Geneva Robertson have joined the writers room, respectively. It is unknown how this movie connects to the untitled spinoff film about Chuckles.
- "Twitter / Variety_Stewart: Yo Joe! After a $132 mil opening". Twitter.com. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- Andrew Stewart. "'G.I. Joe: Retaliation' sequel planned by Paramount". Variety. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Dwayne Johnson Talks G.I. JOE 3; Says They'll Use the 3D Platform "in Even Better Ways"". Collider.com. Retrieved 2013-04-30.
- Fleming, Mike. "Jon M. Chu Re-Enlisting To Helm 'G.I. Joe 3′". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- William Bibbiani (July 19, 2013). "Comic-Con 2013 Exclusive: Jon M. Chu Hints at G.I. Joe 3 Returnees". Craveonline. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "G.I. Joe: Retaliation Writers Want to Bring The Baroness Back For G.I. Joe 3". IGN. NewsCorp. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "G.I. Joe And Transformers Crossover? The Producer Tells Us How It Could Happen". CinemaBlend.com. March 28, 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-01.
- "Jon M. Chu Likes the Idea of a G. I. Joe/Transformers Crossover Movie". Tfw2005.com. July 26, 2013. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- BeijingNews (August 27, 2013). "G. I. Joe 3 To Feature A 3rd Major Role". Hisstank.com. Retrieved 2013-09-29.
- 9 MOS (October 9, 2013). "'Snow White and the Huntsman' Writer Tapped for 'G.I. Joe 3' (Exclusive)". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- "EXCLUSIVE! Screenwriter Evan Daugherty Talks To Me About G.I. JOE 3". Ramascreen.com. November 24, 2013. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
- Schillaci, Sophie (December 13, 2013). "Could Channing Tatum Return For 'GI Joe 3'?". Mtv.com. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- "Dwayne Johnson Talks G.I. JOE 3; Says RETALIATION Director Jon M. Chu Isn't Coming Back but "We Would Love to Start Shooting in January"". Collider. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Chitwood, Adam (June 23, 2014). "Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Talks G.I. JOE 3, New Characters, and More; Currently Meeting with Directors in Hopes of Filming by Early 2015". Collider. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (July 1, 2014). "Paramount Tap Writer for 'G.I. Joe 3′ (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 1, 2014.
- Reilly, Mark (November 19, 2014). "HOT SCOOP: Has GI JOE 3 Found Its Director". Schmoes Know.
- Kit, Borys (January 12, 2015). "D. J. Caruso in Talks to Direct 'G. I. Joe 3' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Kit, Borys (April 1, 2015). "'G.I. Joe 3' Nabs 'Section 6' Writer (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved April 3, 2015.
- "G.I Joe 3 Has Been Cancelled, Reboot Of Franchise Is In Works". September 1, 2017.
- "The Rock Talks G.I. Joe 3". IGN. NewsCorp. April 23, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- "Wizard World NYC: Ray Park Wants To Be Snake Eyes And Darth Maul Again". Geek-news.mtv.com. July 3, 2013. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- Douglas, Edward (September 10, 2016). "Exclusive: Who Might Be Back for G.I. Joe 3 and Why It Hasn't Started Production". LRM Online.
- "What The G.I. Joe Movies Should Do Next, According To The Rock". CinemaBlend. May 15, 2017.
- Murphy, Charles (May 3, 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: Character Details About The G.I. Joe: Ever Vigilant". That Hastag Show. Retrieved May 4, 2018.
- Campbell, Scott (March 8, 2020). "Mark Wahlberg Reportedly Eyed To Play Duke In G.I. Joe Reboot". We Got This Covered. Retrieved March 10, 2015.
- Kemp, Stuart (June 18, 2014). "CineEurope: Paramount Screens 'Transformers: Age of Extinction' One Day Before World Premiere". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- "Paramount Sets 'G.I. Joe,' 'Dungeons & Dragons' Release Dates". The Hollywood Reporter. December 18, 2017.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (June 7, 2019). "'G.I. Joe' & 'Micronauts' Both Pushed Later On Release Schedule By Paramount". Deadline. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
- Kilday, Gregg (December 15, 2015). "Paramount, Hasbro Creating Movie Universe Around G.I. Joe, Four Other Brands (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Kit, Borys (April 21, 2016). "Hasbro Cinematic Universe Takes Shape With Michael Chabon, Brian K. Vaughan, Akiva Goldsman (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
This article "Untitled G.I. Joe film" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Untitled G.I. Joe film. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.