WWE The Shield's Final Chapter
|The Shield's Final Chapter|
|File:WWE The Shield's Final Goodbye.jpg|
Promotional poster featuring The Shield
|Date||April 21, 2019|
|WWE Network event chronology|
The Shield's Final Chapter was a professional wrestling show and WWE Network event, produced by WWE for their Raw, SmackDown, and 205 Live brands. It took place on April 21, 2019, at TaxSlayer Center in Moline, Illinois. This event marked the final match for The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and Seth Rollins) as a group, as well as Ambrose's final match in WWE.
Storylines[edit | edit source]
The card composed of matches resulting from scripted storylines, where wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in scripted events that built tension and culminate in a wrestling match or series of matches, with results predetermined by WWE's writers on the Raw, SmackDown, and 205 Live brands. Storylines were produced on WWE's weekly television shows, Monday Night Raw, SmackDown Live, and the cruiserweight-exclusive 205 Live.
On January 29, 2019, WWE confirmed that Dean Ambrose had decided to not renew his contract that expired in April. The following month, Roman Reigns, who took time off in October 2018 due to leukemia, returned and he, Seth Rollins, and Ambrose reunited The Shield for a match at Fastlane, where they defeated the team of Baron Corbin, Bobby Lashley, and Drew McIntyre. Although this was promoted as The Shield's final match together, one further match was scheduled for a special event called The Shield's Final Chapter, featuring both The Shield's and Ambrose's last match in WWE.
Results[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "The Shield's Final Chapter - This Sunday on WWE Network". Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Currier, Joseph (April 15, 2019). "The Shield's Final Chapter To Air Live On WWE Network". f4wonline. Retrieved April 16, 2019.
- Grabianowski, Ed. "How Pro Wrestling Works". HowStuffWorks. Discovery Communications. Archived from the original on November 18, 2013. Retrieved March 5, 2012.
- "Live & Televised Entertainment". WWE. Archived from the original on February 26, 2009. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- Steinberg, Brian (May 25, 2016). "WWE's 'Smackdown' Will Move To Live Broadcast On USA (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Archived from the original on May 26, 2016. Retrieved May 25, 2016.
- WWE.com Staff (January 29, 2019). "Dean Ambrose not renewing WWE contract when it expires in April". WWE.com. Retrieved April 19, 2019.
- Powell, Jason (February 25, 2019). "2/25 Powell's WWE Raw TV Review: Roman Reigns returns, Ric Flair's 70th birthday celebration". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Powell, Jason. "Powell's WWE Fastlane 2019 live review: Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte Flair, Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens for the WWE Championship, The Shield vs. Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, and Baron Corbin, The Usos vs. Shane McMahon and The Miz for the Smackdown Tag Titles". Pro Wreslting Dot Net. Retrieved March 10, 2019.
- Powell, Jason. "WWE "The Shield's Final Chapter" results: Powell's live review of Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, and Dean Ambrose vs. Drew McIntyre, Bobby Lashley, and Baron Corbin, Finn Balor defends the Intercontinental Championship". Pro Wrestling Dot Net. Retrieved April 21, 2019.
- Billy Krotchsen (April 21, 2019). "BEFORE THE SHIELD'S LAST CHAPTER: COMPLETE WWE RAW IN MOLINE, IL RESULTS". Pro Wrestling Insider. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
Others articles of the Topic Professional wrestling : PWR World Mini's Championship, Villain Enterprises, Evan Siks, List of WWE Raw Tag Team Champions, WWF Mayhem in Manchester, The Absolution, WCW (WWE subsidiary)
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "WWE The Shield's Final Chapter" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:WWE The Shield's Final Chapter. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.