Why Don’t You Just Die? (film)
Why Don't You Just Die! (Russian: Papa, sdokhni) is a Russian dark action comedy film by director Kirill Sokolov and produced by Sofiko Kiknavelidze. Sokolov also edited the film and wrote the screenplay. The film's world premier was held at the 2018 Vyborg, Russia "Window to Europe" Film Festival and its first premier outside of Russia took place at the 2018 Tallinn Black Night Film Festival in Estonia.   It's official release is scheduled for April 2019. Why Don't You Just Die! stars Aleksandr Kuznetsov, Vitaliy Khaev, and Evgeniya Kregzhde. Largely set in a Moscow apartment, divided into three separate three-act stories, the film focuses on the events that take place when twentysomething Matvey (Kuznetsov) attempts to kill his girlfriend's father, Moscow Detective Andrei Gennadievitch (Khaev). 
Frequently compared to the work of Quentin Tarantino, the film has received positive reviews from critics and audiences.     The film's production is unique in that dark comedies are not a popular genre in Russian cinema.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Aleksandr Kuznetsov as Matvey
- Vitalie Khaev as Andrei
- Elena Shevchenko as Tasha
- Evgeniya Kregzhde as Olya
- Michael Gor as Yevgenich
- Igor Grabuzov as Oleg
Awards and nominations[edit | edit source]
- 2018 Tallinn Black Night Film Festival: First Feature Competition nomination in 2 categories, Best Film and Outstanding Artistic Achievement.
- 2018 Vyborg, Russia "Window to Europe" Festival: Main Prize winner.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Why Don't You Just Die! (Papa, sdokhni)". Cineuropa - the best of european cinema. Retrieved 2019-01-17.
- "Press release: Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival unveils seven First Feature Competition entries". us7.campaign-archive.com. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Eye For Film: First Feature Competition titles announced by Tallinn". www.eyeforfilm.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Кирилл Соколов: «"Папа, сдохни" — очень русская история»". KINOMANIA.RU (in русский). Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "'Why Don't You Just Die!' ('Papa, sdokhni'): Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "Why Don't You Just Die! (Papa, sdokhni) film review: Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival first look". SciFiNow. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
- "«Папа, сдохни»: кровь с молотком в новой дикой комедии от продюсеров «Страны ОЗ»". Афиша. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "PÖFF". 2018.poff.ee. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- Interview with Kirill Sokolov: KÃ¤rva maha, paps! (Why Don't You Just Die!) | Meet the Filmmakers | PÃ–FF 2018, retrieved 2019-01-20
- Dalton, Ben (2018-10-26). "Tallinn Black Nights completes first feature line-up". Screen. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "«Окно в Европу»-2018: объявлены победители! - XXVI Фестиваль российского кино "Окно в Европу"". oknofest.com. Retrieved 2019-01-18.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Why Don’t You Just Die? (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Why Don’t You Just Die? (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.