|Edit this InfoBox|
|Education||University of Leicester (MPhys)|
University of Oxford (D.Phil)
|Title||CEO of Planet Labs|
Early Life & Education
Marshall holds a degree in Physics with Space Science and Technology (MPhys) from the University of Leicester, UK and a D.Phil in Physics from the University of Oxford, UK. After his PhD, he did PostDoctural appointments at Belfer Center for Science & International Affairs at Harvard University, and the Space Policy Institute at George Washington University, working on space security policy with Prof. John Logsdon
Marshall started work at NASA's Ames Research Center in 2006, and helped to develop the Small Spacecraft Office at under the stewardship of Brig. Gen. Dr. Pete Worden. His work focused on small robotic missions to the Moon, doing mission analysis and planetary science; he was on the science team of LCROSS, helped to start the LADEE mission and co-led the technology demonstration project ‘PhoneSat’ .
Marshall co-founded Planet in 2010 with Robbie Schingler and Chris Boshuizen, who all met through the UNISPACE-III and follow on conferences, and all worked together at NASA Ames, sharing a passion for using space to help society and life on Earth Planet builds and operates Earth imaging satellites, and has a business model of selling the imagery. Will has given two TED talks on Planet in 2014 and 2018
- "Will Marshall: The mission to create a searchable database of Earth's Surface". Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "Alumnus and entrepreneur encourages students to be bold and dont settle". Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "Will Marshall: Executive Profile & Biography". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "William S. Marshall". Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "Space Security 2011" (PDF). Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "NOAA, NASA, privatized data and the booming commercial space industry". Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "Will Marshall: Executive Profile & Biography". Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- "PhoneSat-1 and 2". Retrieved February 12, 2019.
- "Will Marshall, Planet". Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "The Tiny Satellites Ushering in the New Space Revolution". Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- "Planet sets sights on the long game: Building robust subscription business". Retrieved April 8, 2019.
- "Will Marshall: Tiny satellites show us the Earth as it changes in near-real-time - TED Talk". Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- "Will Marshall: The mission to create a searchable database of Earth's surface - TED Talk". Retrieved March 11, 2019.
This article "Will Marshall" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Will Marshall. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.