William D. McHenry
|Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 879: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 798: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
|1950–1953||Washington and Lee|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|1954–1957||Pennsylvania Military (assistant)|
|1973–1977||Washington and Lee|
|Administrative career (AD unless noted)|
|1971–1991||Washington and Lee|
|Head coaching record|
William D. McHenry (born c. 1932) is a former American football and lacrosse player and coach and college athletics administrator. An accomplished athlete at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia, McHenry was chosen by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round of the 1954 NFL Draft. He also played lacrosse at Washington and Lee. McHenry served as the head coach at Lebanon Valley College in Pennsylvania from 1961 to 1970 before returning to his alma mater in 1973 where remained for five seasons, compiling a career college football coaching record of 56–70–3. In 1958, McHenry was hired as the head lacrosse coach at Williams College, where he also worked as an assistant football coach.
References[edit | edit source]
- "William McHenry". nacda.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "Bill McHenry". Pro Football Archives. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "William McHenry". generalsports.com. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- "McHenry Named Lacrosse Coach At Williams". The Times Record. Troy, New York. Associated Press. May 10, 1958. p. 14. Retrieved December 10, 2018 – via Newspapers.com .
- "Lebanon Valley Names Coach". The Sentinel. Carlisle, Pennsylvania. December 24, 1960. p. 11. Retrieved December 10, 2018 – via Newspapers.com .
This article "William D. McHenry" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:William D. McHenry. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.