Willie Thornton (Canadian football)
|Born:||February 15, 1986|
Belle Glade, Florida
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg)|
|NFL draft||2009 / Undrafted|
|*Offseason and/or practice roster member only|
William Thornton (born February 15, 1986) is a former professional Canadian football wide receiver. He played college football at Texas A&M-Commerce, and played for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League (CFL) in 2010.
Thornton played college football at Texas A&M-Commerce. On September 20, 2008, he caught seven passes for 266 yards in a 38-14 win against Eastern New Mexico. Thornton also had four touchdown catches in the game, including one for 98 yards on the opening play. As a result, he was named Lone Star Conference North player of the week. As a senior, Thornton caught 48 passes for 923 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Thornton was a member of the Edmonton Eskimos during training camp in 2009.
Thornton signed with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on May 26, 2010, but he was sustained torn thumb ligaments during a collision with another player in training camp. He was released on June 8, 2010. He was signed to the team's practice roster on September 8, 2010, and released on September 29. He was re-signed to the practice roster on October 11. He was promoted to the active roster on November 4, and played in the team's November 6 game against the BC Lions. He was released by the Tiger-Cats in April 2011.
- "North favorite Texas A&M-Commerce routs Hounds". Eastern New Mexico News. September 21, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- "Football: Divisional Play Starts this Week". Lone Star Conference. September 22, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2020.
- "CFL Briefs". The Hamilton Spectator. May 21, 2009.
- "Tiger-Cats sign five on offence". CFL.ca. May 26, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "Cats have eye on Ricky Foley". The Hamilton Spectator. September 9, 2010.
- "Tiger-Cats Sign WR Willie Thornton". TiCats.ca. June 8, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "Ticats Add WR Mayle To Practice Roster". TiCats.ca. September 29, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "Tiger-Cats Transactions: October 11". TiCats.ca. October 11, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "Ticats make roster moves: Bruce not expected to play". DurhamRegion.com. November 4, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "2010-11-06 Game Tracker". CFL.ca. November 6, 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2020.
- "Ticats release LB Shannon James, DB Will Heyward, WR Willie Thornton". The Hamilton Spectator. April 9, 2011.
|This biographical article relating to an American football wide receiver born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian football wide receiver is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Willie Thornton (Canadian football)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Willie Thornton (Canadian football). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.