💵 Salary :
|🏢 Organisation||The University of Jordan / School of Pharmacy|
I have has been working as a faculty member and a principal research investigator in the Faculty of Pharmacy at the University of Jordan since 2002. I was the Chairman of the department of Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy and Vice Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy prior to my current position. I am currently the director of Hamdi Mango Center for Scientific Research (HMCSR) at the University of Jordan. HMCSR is a unique multidisciplinary research center devoted to conducting supporting and encouraging different fields of scientific research and transforming it to applied science and engineering projects. We strive to narrow the gap between academia and industry by facilitating and promoting cooperation between the two sectors and providing a platform for joint projects. To achieve these goals, HMCSR host various companies and institutions to present their recent research advances through workshops and lectures to the local researchers and community. In addition, we support faculty members and researchers to conduct their scientific research in the fields of material science and nanotechnology, plant biotechnology, cell culture, pharmaceutical solution and drug discovery. In addition, we have established central laboratories equipped with the latest technology and made them available to interested researchers. Our long-term plan in our center is to accelerate the pace of scientific progress by generating research over the few coming years that will have the greatest public impact and continue to fuel fund for scientific research. I have published more than 90 research articles at a plethora of esteemed peer-reviewed international journals and has coordinated and participated in a vast number of conferences and workshops. In addition, I have supervised more than 60 master and Ph.D theses. My research interests include various research lines as: cytotoxicity studies and cancer research, evaluation of acute and chronic toxicities of compounds, formulations/extracts and the evaluation of biological activities and potencies of a wealth of biological products, in addition to nanotechnology research. I was a member of the bioequivalence and biowaiver committee in the Jordanian Food and Drug Administration (JFDA). I have an extensive record of trouble-shooting projects for many pharmaceutical industrial companies and has been designated a “Distinguished Researcher of the Year” three years in a row 2009-2011. In addition to Ali Mango award "Distinguished Researcher" for the year 2014
Positions and Employment
Sep 2016- Current Director of Hamdi Mango Center for Scientific research
Jul 2011 - Current Professor, Department of Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy
Aug 2011-2013 Vice Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan
Nov 2010 - 2011 Chairman, Department of Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Jordan University, Amman Jordan.
May 2007 - 2011 Associate Professor, Department of Biopharmaceutics and Clinical Pharmacy
Sep 2007- 2008 Associate Professor, Faculty of Pharmacy, Applied Science University
Nov 1998- 2002 Ph.D. candidate, Department of Pharmaceutical sciences, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy.
Sep 1996-Nov 1998 Teaching assistant at the faculty of Pharmacy, Jordan University
Other Experience and Professional Memberships
1996 – Current. Jordan Pharmaceutical Association (Jordan).
2008 – Current Consultant, SANA Pharmaceutical Research
2008 – Current Member in National Centre of Biotechnology
2008 – 2013 Member of the Bioequivalence and Biowaiver Committee, Jordan Food and Drug Administration (JFDA), Amman, Jordan.
2010 – Current Consultant with Accreditation and Quality assurance Commission of Higher education Institutions.
2011 – Current Member in Intel International Science and Engineering Fair evaluation committee
- Distinguished Researcher for 2016 in the University of Jordan
- Ali Mango Prize for Distinguished Researcher for the Academic Year 2014
- University of Jordan Prize for Research Distinction for three successive (years 2009-2011)
- AL-Najah University Research Award for the year 2009 for the paper entitled: "Combining Ligand-Based Pharmacophore Modeling, QSAR Analysis and In -Silico Screening for the Discovery of New Potent Hormone Sensitive Lipase Inhibitors".
- The primer of Carla Milanase award for the best oral presentation at the 5th Multinational Congress on Electron Microscopy, September 20th-25th, 2001. Lecce, Italy.
- Ph.D. Graduate Scholarship, 1998-2002, Ministry of Italian foreign Affairs and University of Jordan.
Field of Expertise & Research Interests
- Discovery of novel bioactive synthetic compounds / plant extracts coupled with in vitro and in vivo testing of promising candidates for management of chronic human illnesses
- Development and in vitro / in vivo evaluation of drug delivery platforms for medications used in the management of chronic diseases.
- Investigation of immunomodulatory effects and immunosafty of medications using in vitro and in vivo animal models
- Application of computer-aided molecular design techniques and molecular modeling studies towards the discovery and design of new biologically active compounds. Special emphasis on developing new agents with hypoglycemic/hypolipidemic dual activities for the management of diabetes.
- Analysis of drug and herbal products: optimization of methods of analysis and standardization of natural and pharmaceutical products using various analytical techniques.
- Discovery of new plant-originated drugs based on the traditional use of the plants coupled with in vivo testing of promising compounds using select animal models including toxicity studies to insure safety for human us
- Clinical Chemistry research which involves screening of biological markers that correlate with diabetes, obesity and metabolic syndrome
1. N Mamdooh, V Kasabri, Y Al‐Hiari, I Almasri, S Al‐Alawi, Y Bustanji. Evaluation of selected commercial pharmacotherapeutic drugs as potential pancreatic lipase inhibitors and antiproliferative compounds. Drug development research. DOI: 10.1002/ddr.21499. In press
2. Jihad AM Alzyoud, Saleh A Al Najjar, Seham Talat, Yasser Bustanji, Abd Al-Rahman S Al-Shudiefat. Effect of light-emitting diodes, platelet-rich plasma, and their combination on the activity of sheep tenocytes. Lasers in medical science. DOI: 10.1007/s10103-018-2657-8 In press
3. Bashar Alkhalidi, Hatim S AlKhatib, Mohammad Saleh, Saja Hamed, Yasser Bustanji, Nader Al Bujuq, Naji Najib, Susana Torrado-Susana, Al-Sayed Sallam. Clarithromycin Laurate Salt: Physicochemical Properties and Pharmacokinetics after Oral Administration in Humans. Pharmaceutical development and technology. DOI: 10.1080/10837450.2018.1547749. In press
4. Cytotoxic Effect of Selected Wild Medicinal Plant Species from Jordan on Two Different Breast Cancer Cell Lines, MCF7 and T47D. Israa Yousef, Sawan Oran, Yasser Bustanji, Dawud Al-Eisawi and Bashaer Abu-Irmaileh. Biology and Medicine 2018, 10 (4): 1000443. DOI:10.4172/0974-8369.1000443
5. N. Alhourani, V. Kasabri , Y. Bustanji, R. Abbassi, and M. Hudaib. Potential Antiproliferative Activity and Evaluation of Essential Oil Composition of the Aerial Parts of Tamarix aphylla (L.) H. Karst.: A Wild Grown Medicinal Plant in Jordan. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2018, Article ID 9363868, 7 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/9363868.
6. SY Elhayek, MA Fararjeh, AM Assaf, EY Abu-Rish, Y Bustanji. Immunomodulatory effects of tigecycline in Balb/c mice. Acta Pharmaceutica 2018, 68 (4), 457-469
7. E Abu-Gharbieh, NG Shehab, IM Almasri, Y Bustanji. Antihyperuricemic and xanthine oxidase inhibitory activities of Tribulus arabicus and its isolated compound, ursolic acid: In vitro and in vivo investigation and docking. PloS One 2018, 13 (8), e0202572
8. Alaa Fraihat, Falastine R Hamdan, Bashaer Abu-Irmaileh, Reem Abbasi, Barakat Abu-Irmaileh, Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of the antiproliferative Activities of Anthemis bornmuelleri L. and Amygdalis communis L. extracts Against six Human Cancer cell lines. Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology 2018, 11 (6), 2512-2516
9. Rawan Mohammad Al Saudi, Violet Kasabri, Randa Naffa, Nailya Bulatova, Yasser Bustanji. Glycated LDL-C and Glycated HDL-C in association with adiposity, blood and atherogenecity indices in metabolic syndrome patients with and without prediabetes. Therapeutic advances in endocrinology and metabolism 2018, 9 (10), 311-323
10. Taiba F. Al-Athami, Violet Kasabri, Amal Akour, Yasser Bustanj, Dana Hyassat, Randa Naffa, Sundus Mashallah. Oxytocin and cholecystokinin correlates with metabolic syndrome's atherogenecity and adiposity indices. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2018. 11 (3), 181-194.
11. A Akour, V Kasabri, N Bulatova, S Muhaissen Al, R Naffa, H Fahmawi, M Momani, A Zayed, Y Bustanji. Association of Oxytocin with Glucose Intolerance and Inflammation Biomarkers in Metabolic Syndrome Patients with and without Prediabetes. The review of diabetic studies: RDS 2018, 14 (4), 364-371
12. Eman Y Abu-rish, Lina A Dahabiyeh, Yasser Bustanji, Yehia S Mohamed, Michael J Browning. Effect of lamotrigine on in vivo and in vitro cytokine secretion in murine model of inflammation. Journal of Neuroimmunology, 2018, 322: 36–45
13. Reem Sami Alquoqa, Violet Kasabri, Randa Naffa, Amal Akour, Yasser Bustanji. Cross-sectional correlates of myeloperoxidase and alpha-1-acid glycoprotein with adiposity, atherogenic and hematological indices in metabolic syndrome patients with or without diabetes. Therapeutic Advances in Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2018, 9(9) 283–291 (https://doi.org/10.1177/2042018818779742)
14. Alaa Fraihat, Luma Alatrash, Reem Abbasi, Bashaer Abu-Irmaileh, Saja Hamed, Mohammad Mohammad, Eman Abu-Rish, Yasser Bustanji. The Inhibitory Effects of Methanolic Extracts of Selected Plants on the Proliferation of Two Human Melanoma Cell Lines. Tropical Journal Pharmaceutical Research. 2018. 17 (6), 1081-1086
15. Riham Naserallah, Violet Kasabri, Amal Akour, Nahla Khawaja, Randa Naffa, Yasser Bustanji. The Levels of Oxytocin and Oxyntomodulin, Adiposity and Blood Indices in Pharmacotherapy Naive Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patients with Metabolic Syndrome. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2018, 11(3) 105-117
16. Amani A Harb, Yasser K Bustanji, Shtaywy S Abdalla. Hypocholesterolemic effect of β-caryophyllene in rats fed cholesterol and fat enriched diet. Journal of Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 2018, 62, 17-3
17. EY Abu-Rish, SY Elhayek, YS Mohamed, I Hamad, Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of immunomodulatory effects of lamotrigine in BALB/c mice. Acta Pharmaceutica . 2017 67 (4), 543-555.
18. Rana Abu Farha, Yasser Bustanji, Yusuf Al-Hiari, Sanaa Bardaweel, Tariq Al-Qirim, Ghassan Abu Sheikha, and Rabab Albashit. Pharmacological Evaluation of Novel Isonicotinic Carboxamide Derivatives as Potential Anti-Hyperlipidemic and Antioxidant Agents. Archiv der Pharmazie. 217, 350 (10). e1700024
19. Rama Kahwaji, Violet Kasabri, Nailya Bulatova, Amal Akour, Haidar Bustanji, Yasser Bustanji, ...Evaluation of correlations of Plasma Levels of Oxytocin, Omentin-1 and Irisin in Diabetic and Non-Diabetic, Metabolic Syndrome Patients: A Cross Sectional Study in Jordan. Jordan Medical Journal. 2017; 51 (3):97-108.
20. Shereen Arabiyat, Violet Kasabri, Yusuf Al‐Hiari, Yasser K Bustanji, Rabab Albashiti, Ihab M Almasri, Dima A Sabbah. Antilipase and antiproliferative activities of novel fluoroquinolones and triazolofluoroquinolones. Chemical Biology & Drug Design. In Press
21. Amal Akour, Violet Kasabri, Nailya Bulatova, Yasser Bustanji, Munther Momani, Ayman Zayed, Mais Al-Nuoaimi, Hiba Fahmawi. Elevated Serum Levels of Pro-inflammatory Markers are Associated with Glucose Intolerance in Metabolic Syndrome Patients from Jordan. Acta diabetologica 2017; 54 (2), 163-170
22. Violet Kasabri, Entisar K. Al-Hallaq, Yasser K. Bustanji, Khalid K. Abdul-Razzak, Ismail M. Abaza and Fatma U. Afifi; ''Anti-obesity and antihyperglycemic effects of Adiantum capillus-veneris extracts: In vitro and in vivo evaluations''. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2017 55:, 164-172,
23. Eman Elayeh, Mohammad Mohammad, Mohammad Fararjeh, Eman Abu-Rish, Islam Hamad, Violet Kasabri, Amal Akour, Yasser Bustanji. Prevalence of Aspirin Resistance among Jordanian Patients with Cardiovascular Disease International Journal of Toxicological and Pharmacological Research 2017; 9(2); 99-104
24. Amal AbuHanoud, Violet Kasabri, Naiyla Bulatova, Amal Akour, Haidar Bustanji, Nahla Khawaja, Dana Hyasat, Yasser Bustanji, Yusuf AlHiari. Evaluation of Oxytocin (Oxt), Endothelin-1 and Nesfatin Plasma Concentrations in Newly Diagnosed Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Patients with Metabolic Syndrome. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2016; 9 (3), 163-173.
25. Ayman Khdair, Islam Hamad, Hatim Alkhatib, Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad Mohammad, Rabab Tayem, Khaled Aiedeh. Modified-chitosan nanoparticles: Novel drug delivery systems improve oral bioavailability of doxorubicin. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016, 93: 38-44
26. Rana Abu Farha, Yasser Bustanji, Yusuf Al-Hiari, Tariq Al-Qirim, Ghassan Abu Shiekha, Rabab Albashiti. Lipid lowering activity of novel N-(benzoylphenyl) pyridine-3-carboxamide derivatives in Triton WR-1339-induced hyperlipidemic rats. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry 2016, 31:138-144.
27. Shereen Arabiyat, Yusuf Al-Hiari, Yasser Bustanji, Hiba Zalloum, Violet Kasabri, In Vitro Modulation Of Pancreatic Lipase And Proliferation Of Obesity Related-Colorectal Cancer Cell Line Panel By Novel Synthetic Triazoquinolones. REVUE ROUMAINE DE CHIMIE. 2016; 61 (11-12):871-879
28. Eman Y Abu-rish, Eman R Elayeh, Lubabah A Mousa, Yasser K Butanji, Abla M Albsoul-Younes. Knowledge, awareness and practices towards seasonal influenza and its vaccine: implications for future vaccination campaigns in Jordan. Family Practice 2016 33(6):690-697.
29. Amal Akour, Violet Kasabri, Nailya Boulatova, Mais AlNuoaimi, Yasser Bustanji, Munther Momani, Ayma Zayed, Hiba Fahmawi, Rula Silawi. The potential role of oxytocin in ameliorating glucose intolerance and inflammation in patients with metabolic syndrome: a cross-sectional study in Jordan, Jordan Medical Journal 2016; 50 (4), 169-176.
30. Delya Omar, Violet Kasabri, Mohmmad Mohammad, Samih AlTamari, Amal Akour, Sundos Mashallah, Reem Abbassi, Yasser Bustanji. Erythropoietin Biosimilar Products and Immunogenicity: A Pharmacovigilance Study. International Journal of Pharmacological Research 2016; 6: 200-205
31. Ala Y Issa, Rana Abu Farhaa, Eman Elayeha, Yasser Bustanji. Impact of Medical Specialty on the Prescription Patterns of Topical Corticosteroid Among Healthcare Professionals. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016, 9:103-114
32. Mais M. AL-Nouaaimi, Violet Kasabri, Amal Akour, Naiyla Boulatova, Ayman Aref, Munther Momani, Rula Selawi, Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of the Correlation of Oxytocin Plasma Levels and Metabolic Syndrome Biomarkers (Leptin, Adiponectin and Resistin) in newly diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes Patients in Jordan: A Cross Sectional Study. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016; 9(2):115-128.
33. Shereen Arabiyat, Ashraf Al-Rabi'ee, Hiba Zalloum, Mohammad Hudaib, Mohammad Mohammad, Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of Salvia triloba methanolic extract as potential management of Hypertriglyceridemia. Tropical Pharmaceutical Research. 2016, 15: 723-728.
34. Eman Y. Abu-rish, Mohammad K. Mohammad, Mohammad M. Hudaib. Sundus Mashalla, Loay Mashallah, Violet Kasabri, Khaled Tawaha, Yasser K. Bustanji. Evaluation of Antiproliferative Activity of Some Traditional Anticancer Herbal Remedies from Jordan. Tropical Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 15 (3): 1319-1326.
35. Alaa M. Fraihat, Mohammad Mohammad, Yasser Bustanji. Bioactivity of Rosemary and Sage Against Measles. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR). 2015: 24, 222-233.
36. Mohammad Mohammad, Hiba Zalloum, Violet Kasabri, Rabab Tayyem, Eman AbuRish, Yusuf Al-Hiari, Yasser Bustanji. Antilipolytic property of curcumin: Molecular docking and kinetic assessment. Rev. Roum. Chim. 2015, 60(10), 983-989.
37. Shereen Aleidi, Ala Issa, Haidar Bustanji, Mohammad Khalil and Yasser Bustanji. Adiponectin Serum Levels Correlate with Insulin Resistance in Type 2 Diabetic Patients. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal. 2015, 23: 250-256.
38. Hiba Zalloum, Rabab Tayyem, Yasser Bustanji, Malek Zihlif, Mohammad Mohammad, Talal Abu Rjai, Mohammad S Mubarak. Discovery of new human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 (HER2) inhibitors for potential use as anticancer agents via ligand-based pharmacophore modeling. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling 2015, 61: 61-84
39. Violet Kasabri, Fatma U. Afifi, Yasser Bustanji, Sundus Mashallah, Randa Naffa. In vitro Enhancement of Pancreatic β cells MIN6 Proliferation by Insulinotropic Gymnema sylvestre Aqueous Extracts: Evidence-based Regenerative Therapeutic Capacity of a Medicinal Herb. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research. 2015, 7:180-194
40. Alaa Fraihat, Mohammad Khalil, Yasser Bustanji. Bioactivity of Rosemary and Sage Against Measles. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research. 2015, 24:222
41. Violet Kasabri, Fatma U Afifi, Rana Abu Dahab, Nizar Mhaidat, Yasser Bustanji, Ismail M Abaza, Sundus Mashallah. ''In vitro modulation of metabolic syndrome enzymes and proliferation of obesity related-colorectal cancer cell line panel by Salvia species from Jordan, Revue Roumaine De Chimie. 2014, 59(8), 693-705
42. Yaseen Abdelrahman, Mohammad Fararjeh, Wesam Abdel-Razeqa, Mohammad K. Mohammad, Yasser Bustanji. Assessment of Possible Immunotoxicity of the Antipsychotic Drug Clozapine. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2014,66:378-86
43. Yusuf M. Al-Hiari, Violet Kasabri, Ashok K. Shakya, Muhammad H. Alzweiri, Fatma U. Afifi, Yasser K. Bustanji, Ihab M. Al-masri. Fluoroquinolones: Novel class of gastrointestinal dietary lipid digestion and absorption inhibitors. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2014, 23: 3336-3346
44. Tarek M. K. Motawi, Mohamed A. S. Al Ghussein, Shohda EL-Maraghy, Mutasem O. Taha and Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of Naproxen and Cromolyn Activities against Cancer Cells Viability, Proliferation, Apoptosis, p53 and Gene Expression of Survivin and Caspase-3. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2014, 29:153-61.
45. Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Yasser Bustanji, Chemical Profile of the Volatile Oil of Lemon verbena (Aloysia citriodora Paláu) Growing in Jordan. Journal of Essential Oil Bearing Plants. 2013, 16 568-574
46. E Entisar K. Al-Hallaq, Violet Kasabri, Shtaywy S. Abadalla, Yasser K. Bustanji, Fatma U. Afifi-Yaza. Anti-obesity and antihyperglycemic effects of Crataegus aronia extracts: In vitro and in vivo evaluations. Food and Nutrition Sciences, 2013, 4, 972-983
47. Tarek M. K. Motawi, Mohamed A. S. Al Ghussein, Shohda EL-Maraghy, Mutasem Taha and Yasser Bustanji. Naproxen and Cromolyn as New Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3β Inhibitors: by Molecular Modeling Techniques and subsequent in vitro/in vivo Biochemical Evaluation to be used in the treatment of Diabetes and Obesity. Journal of Biochemical and Molecular Toxicology. 2013; 27:425-36.
48. Areej M. Assaf, Randa N. Hadaddin, Nedhal A. Aldouri, Reem Alabbassi, Sundus Mashallah, Mohammad Mohammad, Yasser Bustanji. Anti-cancer, Anti-inflammatory and Anti-microbial activities of plant extracts used against hematological tumors in traditional medicine of . Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2013 145:728-36.
49. Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab M. Al-masri, Ala Issa, Ayman Khdair, Yasser Bustanji. Inhibition of pancreatic lipase by berberine and dihydroberberine: an investigation by docking simulation and experimental validation. Medicinal Chemistry Research. 2013; 22:2273–2278.
50. Mo'ez Al-Islam Ezzat Faris, Nidal Hussein, Ref'at Ahmad Al-Kurd, Mohammed Ahmed Al-Fararjeh, Yasser Bustanji, and Mohammad Mohammad. Impact of Ramadan Intermittent Fasting on Oxidative Stress Measured by Urinary 15- Isoprostane. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. 2012, Article ID 802924, 9 pages
51. Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab M. Al-Masri, Ala Issa, Mohamed A.S. Al-Ghussein, Mohammad Fararjeh, Hatim Alkhatib, Mutasem O. Taha, Yasser Bustanji. Famotidine inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3β: An investigation by docking simulation and experimental validation. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2013, 28:690-4
52. Yasser Bustanji, Issa, Sundus Mashallah, Areej Assaf, Talal Aburjai, Mohammad Mohammad. Cytotoxic effect of Mercurialis annua L. methanolic extract on six human solid cancer cell lines. Scientific Research and Essays. 2012, 7: 3218-3222.
53. "Mo'ez Al-Islam” E. Faris, Safia Kacimi, Ref'at A. Al-Kurd, Mohammad A. Fararjeh, Yasser K. Bustanji, Mohammad K. Mohammad, Mohammad L. Salem. Intermittent Fasting during Ramadan Attenuates Proinflammatory Cytokines and Immune Cells in Healthy Subjects. Nutrition Research. 2012, 32: 947 – 955
54. Mohammad A. Fararjeh, Abdulrahim AlJamal, "Mo'ez Al-Islam" , Ref'at A. Al-Kurd, Mohammad Khalil, Yasser Bustanji. Effect of intermittent fasting on lipid profile and hematological parameters in healthy volunteers in . Universal Journal of Medicine and Dentistry 2012, 1: 5-9.
55. Suhair Saleh, Mohammad Mohammad, Sundus H. Mashallah, Eman Elayeh, Ihab AlMasri, Hatim S. AlKhatib, Mohammad Fararjeh, Yasser Bustanji. Inhibition of DPP IV is a suggested mechanism of the Immunomodulatory effects of Sparfloxacin. Scientific Research and Essay. 2012, 7: 310-317.
56. Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Mohammad Mohammad, Issa, Feras Alali, Talal Aburjai and Yasser Bustanji. Screening of Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitory Activity of Methanolic Extracts of Selected Medicinal Plants. Pharmacognosy Magazine. 2011, 7:320-324.
57. Jameel Bzour, Sawsan Oran, Mohammad Mohammad, Sundus Mashallah, Yasser Bustanji Inhibitory effects of methanolic extract of Salvia fruticosa Mill. on pro-inflammatory cytokines production in RAW 264.7 in vitro cellular model and in Balb/c mice in vivo animal model. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 2011, 5: 6662–6671.
58. Yasser Bustanji, Ala Issa, Mohammad Hudaib, Ahlam Moulay, Khaled Tawaha, Mohammad Mohammad, Saja Hamed, Ihab Masri, Feras Q. Alali. Hormone Sensitive Lipase Inhibition by Selected Medicinal Plants. Journal of Medicinal Plant Research. 2011, 5: 4405-4410.
59. Ala Issa, Mohammad Mohammad, Mohammad Hudaib, Khalid Tawah, Talal Abu Rjai, Sawsan Oran, Yasser Bustanji. A potential role for Lavandula angustifolia in the management of diabetic dyslipidemia Journal of Medicinal Plant research. 2011 5: 3876-3882.
60. Yasser Bustanji, Ihab M. Al-Masri, Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Mohammad Mohammad, Hatim S. Alkhatib. Pancreatic lipase inhibition activities of Trilactone Terpenes of Ginkgo biloba. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2011, 26:453-459
61. Rana Abu Farha, Mohammad Fararjah, Issa, Mohammad Mohammad, Hatem AlKatib, Suhair Saleh and Yasser Bustanji. Evaluation of the In-vitro and In-vivo therapeutic equivalence of two Pharmaceutically Equivalent Heparin Products. Scientific Research and Essays 2011, 6: 388-393.
62. Ala Issa, Khaled Aeidah, Samer Najjar, Raa'd Salah, Eman Abu-Gharbieh, Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad Mohammad. Acute oral safety study of Thyme – Primulae Syrup in Albino Rats. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011 4: 166-172.
63. Ayman Khdair, Mohammad Mohammad, Khaled Tawaha, Eman Al-Hamarsheh, Hatim AlKhatib, Bashar Al-khalidi, Yasser Bustanji, Samer Najjar and Mohammad Hudaib. A Validated RP HPLC-PAD Method for the Determination of Hederacoside C in Ivy-Thyme Cough Syrup. International Journal of Analytical Chemistry. 2010, Article ID 478143, 5 pages.
64. Mohammad K. Mohammad, Rabab Tayym, Saja Hamed, Ihab M. Almasri, Hatim Alkhatib, Mohammad Hudaib & Yasser Bustanji. Development of a New Animal Model-Bioassay Procedure for the Evaluation of Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitors. Scientific Research and Essays 2010, 5: 3750-3755.
65. Yasser Bustanji, Ala Issa, Mohammad Mohammad, Mohammad Hudaib, Khalid Tawah, Hatim ALKhatib, Ihab ALMasri and Bashar Al-Khalidi. Inhibition of hormone sensitive lipase and pancreatic lipase by Rosmarinus officinalis extract and selected phenolic constituents. Journal of Medicinal Plant research. 2010, 4: 2235-2242
66. Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab M. Almasri, Khaled Tawaha, Ala Issa, Afaf Al-Nadaf, Mohammad Hudaib, Hatim S. AlKhatib, Eman Abu-Gharbieh, Yasser Bustanji. Antioxidant, antihyperuricemic and xanthine oxidase inhibitory activities of Hyoscyamus reticulatus. Pharmaceutical Biology. 2010, 48: 1376-1383
67. Eman Abu-Gharbieh, Yasser Bustanji and Mohammad K. Mohammad. In vitro effects of Micromeria fruticosa on human leukocyte myeloperoxidase activity. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2010, 3: 2492-2493
68. Hatim AlKhatib, Saja Hamed, Samer Najjar, Mohammad Mohammad, Yasser Bustanji, Khaled Aiedeh, Bashar AlKhalidi. Effects of Thermal Curing Conditions on Drug Release from Polyvinyl Acetate – Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone Matrices. AAPS PharmSciTech, 2010, 11: 253-66.
69. Rima Abu-Khalaf, Ghassan abuShikha, Yasser Bustanji, Motassem Taha, Discovery of new cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors via ligand-based pharmacophore modeling and QSAR analysis. European Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2010, 45:1598-1617
70. Yasser Bustanji, Ihab M. Al-masri, Amal Albakri, Ahmad Qasem, Mutasem O. Taha. In Silico Screening for Non-Nucleoside HIV-1 Reverse Transcriptase Using Physicochemical Filters and High Throughput Docking Followed by In Vitro Evaluation. Chemical Biology and Drug Design, 2009; 74: 258–265
71. Mo'z Al-Islam" Faris, Hamed R. Takruri, Maha. S. Shomaf, Yasser Bustanji. Chemopreventive effect of raw and cooked lentils (Lens culinaris L) and soybeans (Glycine max) against Azoxymethane-induced aberrant crypt foci. Nutrition Research. 2009; 29(5):355-62
72. Yasser Bustanji, Mutasem O. Taha, Ihab M. Almasri and Mohammad, K. Mohammad. Docking Simulations and In vitro Assay Unveil Potent Inhibitory action of Papaverine against Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 2009; 32:640-645
73. , Mutasem O. Taha, Ihab M. Almasri, Mohamed A.S. Al-Ghussein, Mohammad, K. Mohammad, and Hatim S. AlKhatib. Inhibition of Glycogen Synthase Kinase by Curcumin: Investigation by Simulated Molecular Docking and Subsequent in vitro/in vivo evaluation. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. 2009; 24(3): 771–778
74. Amal Bakri, , Yasser Bustanji. The Assessment of the antibacterial and antifungal activities of aspirin, EDTA and aspirin-EDTA combination and their effectiveness as antibiofilm agents. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 2009: 107, 280–286.
75. Mutasem O. Taha, Lina A. Dahabiyeh, Yasser Bustanji, Hiba Zalloum, Suheer Saleh. Combining Ligand-Based Pharmacophore Modeling, Quantitative Structure−Activity Relationship Analysis and in Silico Screening for the Discovery of New Potent Hormone Sensitive Lipase Inhibitors. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2008, 51, 6478-94
76. Hatim S. AlKhatib, Khaled M. Aiedeh, , Saja Hamed, Mohammad K Mohammad, Bashar AlKhalidi, Samer Najjar. Modulation of Buspirone HCl Release from Hypromellose Matrices Using Chitosan Succinate: Implications for pH Independent Release. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2008, 70, 804-812
77. Mohammad Hudaib, , , Rabab Tayyem, Mohammed Yousef, Mustafa Abuirjeie, and Talal Aburjaie. Ethnopharmacological Survey of Medicinal Plants in , Mujib Nature Reserve and Surrounding Area. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2008, 120, 63-71
78. Nizar Al-Zoubi, Hatim Alkhatib, , Khaled Aiedeh, Malamataris, S. Sustained-release buspirone HCl microparticles produced by cospray-drying with aqueous polymeric dispersions. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics, 2008, 69, 735-742.
79. Mutasem O. Taha, , Mohamed A.S. Al-Ghussein, , Hiba Zalloum, Ihab M. Al-Masri and Naji Atallah. Pharmacophore Modeling, QSAR Analysis and In Silico Screening Reveal Potent GSK-3β Inhibitory Activities for Cimetidine, Hydroxychloroquine and Gemifloxacin. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2008, 51, 2062-2077.
80. Mohammad K. Mohammad, Ihab M. Al-masri, Mutasem O. Taha, Mohamed A.S. Al-Ghussein, Hatim S. AlKhatib, Samer Najjar, Yasser Bustanji. Olanzapine Inhibits Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3β: An Investigation by Docking Simulation and Experimental Validation. European Journal of Pharmacology, 2008, 584 185-191.
81. Bashar A. Alkhalidi , Majed Shtaiwi, Hatim S. AlKhatib, , A comparative study of First derivative Spectrophotometry and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography Applied to the determination of Repaglinide in Tablet and in Dissolution Testing. Journal of AOAC International. 2008, 91, 530-535.
82. Mohammad Fararjeh, Mohammad K. Mohammad, , Hatim AlKhatib, Shtaywy Abdalla. Evaluation of immunosuppression induced by metronidazole in Balb/c mice and human peripheral blood lymphocytes. International Immunopharmacology. 2008, 8, 341–350.
83. Al-Motassem Yousef, Amal G. Al-Bakri, , Mayyadah Al-Wazaify. Self Medication and Its Predictors among Jordanian Population. Pharmacy World & Science, 2008, 30:24-30
84. Nizar Al-Zoubi, Hatim Alkhatib, , Khaled Aiedeh. Sustained-release buspirone HCl microparticles produced by cospray-drying with aqueous polymeric dispersions. European Journal of Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics. 2007; 32:79.
85. Mutasem O. Taha, , Amal Al-Bakri. Al-Mutasem Fahmi, Waleed A. Zalloum, Ihab Al-Masri, Naji Atallah. Discovery of New Potent Human Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase Inhibitors via Pharmacophore and QSAR Analysis Followed by In-Silico Screening. Journal of Molecular Graphics and Modelling. 2007; 25 (5):870-884.
86. Khaled M. Aiedeh, Mutasem O. Taha, Yusuf Al-Hiari, , Hatim S. Alkhatib. Effect of Ionic Crosslinking on the Drug Release Properties of Chitosan Diacetate Matrices. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2007;96:38-43.
87. , Mutasem O. Taha, Al-Motassem Yousef and Amal G. Al- Bakri. Berberine Potently Inhibits Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B: Investigation by Docking Simulation and Experimental Validation. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry 2006; 21:163-171.
88. Hatim Alkhatib, , Khaled Aiedeh, , Bassam Sweileh. Synthesis and In Vitro Behavior of Iron-Crosslinked N-Methyl and N-Benzyl Hydroxamated Derivatives of Alginic Acid as Controlled Release Carriers. European Polymer Journal 2006; 42: 2464–2474.
89. , Mutasem O. Taha, Al-Motassem Yousef Amal G. Al- Bakri. Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B Inhibition by Berberine. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal 2005; 13(4 S):78
90. Amal G. Al-Bakri, , Al-Motassem Yousef. Common Consumption of Antibacterial Drugs within the Jordanian Population: Sources, Patterns and Appropriateness. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents 2005; 26: 389–395.
91. , Carla Renata Arciola, Matteo Conti, Enrico Mandello, Lucio Montanaro, Bruno Samorì. Dynamics of The Interaction between a Fibronectin Molecule and a Living Bacterium under Mechanical force. Proceeding of the of Sciences (PNAS ) 2003; 100: 13292–13297.
92. Carla Renata Arciola, , Matteo Conti, Davide Campoccia, Lucilla Baldassarri, Bruno Samorì, Lucio Montanaro. Staphylococcus epidermidis-Fibronectin Binding and Its Inhibition by Heparin. Biomaterials 2003; 24: 3013–3019.
93. and Bruno Samorì. The Mechanical Properties of Human Angiostatin Can Be Modulated by Means of Its Disulfide Bonds: a Single-Molecule force- Spectroscopy Study. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2002; 41:1546- 1548.
94. Matteo Conti, Yasser Bustanji, Giuseppe Falini, Paolo Ferruti, Sergio Stefoni, Bruno Samorì. The Desorption Process of Macromolecules Adsorbed on Interfaces: The Force Spectroscopy Approach. Chemphyschem 2001; 2:610-613.
95. Issa, Rana Abu Farha, Eman Elayeh, Yasser Bustanji. The impact of lack of pharmacist contributions on patterns and appropriateness of indications of NSAIDs, A cross-sectional study. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2013, 6:258-269.
96. Eman Abu-Gharbieh, Sahar Fahmy, Bazigha Abdul Rasool, Iman Basheti, Mohammad Mohammad and Yasser Bustanji. Prevalence of Aspirin use and its concurrent use with ibuprofen among two middle eastern countries; and the UAE - A cross sectional study. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011, 4:155-165
97. Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad Mohammad, Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Ihab M. Al-Masri, Hatim S. AlKhatib, Ala Issa, Feras Q. Alali. Screening of Some Medicinal Plants for their Pancreatic Lipase Inhibitory Potential. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 4:81-88.
98. Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab Almasri, Saja Hamid and Sawsan Oran. In vitro Xanthine Oxidase inhibition by selected Jordanian medicinal plants. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2011; 4:29-34
99. Ruba Tarawneh, Rana AbuFarha, Mohammad Hudaib, Khaled Tawaha, Khaled Aieda, Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad Mohammad. Acute oral toxicity study of Ivy-Thyme syrup in Albino Rats. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011; 4:49-53.
100. , , Hatim , Khaled Tawaha, Bashar AlKhalidi, Ihab M. Al-Masri, Saja Hamed and Yasser Bustanji. A Comparative Enzymatic Inhibition Assay as a Surrogate Indicator of Pharmaceutical and Potency Equivalence of Two Orlistat Formulations. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2010; 3:69-74.
101. Mohammd Hudaib, Wahaf Aldahasi, Ayman Khdair, Raed. Salah, Hatim AlKhatib, Yasser Bustanji, Mohammad K. Mohammad. A simple and rapid high-performance liquid chromatographic method for the determination of Umckalin, as an herbal marker, in the cough syrup of Pelargonium extract. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2010; 3:109-115.
102. Suha A. AlMuhaissen, Bashar AlKhalidi, Yasser Bustanji, Khaled Aiedeh, Mohammad K. Mohammad, Hatim S. AlKhatib. Evaluation of Binary Carrier System for the Dissolution Enhancement of a High Dose Poorly Soluble Drug. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2012; 5: 30-40
- N Mamdooh, V Kasabri, Y Al‐Hiari, I Almasri, S Al‐Alawi, Y Bustanji. Evaluation of selected commercial pharmacotherapeutic drugs as potential pancreatic lipase inhibitors and antiproliferative compounds. Drug development research. DOI: 10.1002/ddr.21499. In press