|Edit this InfoBox|
December 5, 1986
Zach Avery (born 5 December 1986) is an American actor, known for participating in movies like Fury (2014), Curvature (2017), Farming (2018), The White Crow (2018) and also short films like Shifter (2014) and The Laughing Man (2016).
Avery was born in Berkeley, California. His parents split when he was 10 years old and moved from Tampa, Florida, to Fort Wayne, Indiana, where he lived with his mother and step-father. His mother, Susan Kozlowski, has been a lifelong educator and his sister, Jessica Horwitz, works as a nurse practitioner and is the head of medical for a company in Sillicon Valley.
He started to discover his passion for acting in high school theatre during his teenage years, while he was also chasing a sports career, ultimately playing for Indiana University until an injury ended his NFL aspirations. After graduating he entered the Doctoral program at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
He worked selling Quickbooks software door to door in Chicago to raise money to move to Los Angeles. Once he moved, he started acting classes and found his first job in a short film shot by Julio and Diego Hallivis. His first acting role (outside of theater) was in the short film Shifter, performing as a soldier named “Striker”.
He kept on participating in films by the Hallivis brothers: a short film called The Laughing Man in 2016, which reached the attention of 3 million viewers in YouTube in the first couple of weeks, about the backstory of the Joker and his first feature film, Curvature, in 2017.
In 2018, Avery was part of major films like Farming, White Crow and Hell is Where the Home Is, which have been presented in film festivals such as Toronto International Film Festival and Telluride Film Festival. His upcoming films Last Moment of Clarity, Shookum Hills and You're Not Alone are currently in post-production stage and will be premiered in 2019.
He is currently married to his long-term girlfriend, Mallory, and had a son named Jax in 2018.
|2018||The White Crow||Michael Jones|
|2018||Hell is Where the Home Is||Joseph|
|2014||Fury||SS Medic (uncredited)|
|2011||The Duel||Rich Hanger|
|2016||The Laughing Man||Laughing Man|
- "Zach Avery". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Rise and shine: Zach Avery talks about show business, fatherhood, and what it takes to follow your passion". SWAGGER Magazine. 2019-02-25. Retrieved 2019-04-25.
- "Interview with Film Star Zach Avery". Naluda.
- "Actor Zach Avery Shares His Roles in "Farming," "The White Crow," and More Projects". Occhimag.
- Shifter, retrieved 2019-04-28
- unclecreepy (2017-08-21). "1inMM Productions Releasing 2-3 Genre Films per Year; Hell Is Where the Home Is Announced as Next Project". Dread Central. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- Busch, Anita (2017-08-21). "1inMM Prods. Raises $5M In Funds For Genre Films". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-04-28.
- McNary, Dave; McNary, Dave (2018-02-16). "Carly Chaikin, Samara Weaving Join Thriller 'Last Moment of Clarity'". Variety. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- Miska, Brad (2018-05-17). "'Shookum Hills': Two More Fall Through An Appalachian Sinkhole [Exclusive]". Bloody Disgusting!. Retrieved 2019-05-01.
- Film Review : 'Curvature' By Variety
- Shea Whigham, Bruce Dern & Zach Avery Board Metalwork Pictures’ Neo-Noir Thriller ‘The Gateway’
- Zach Avery interview by Pop-Culturalist