"El Cashico" (also known as "Oil Classico") refers to football matches between French club Paris Saint-Germain and English club Manchester City.
The term originated in 2016 as a result of PSG and Man City being drawn against each other in the quarterfinals of the 2015–16 UEFA Champions League. The name was applied to the matchup given the two club's recent takeover by Middle East businessmen.
The term "El Cashico" became more popular in 2021 when PSG and Man City were set to play in the semifinals of the 2020–21 UEFA Champions League
- Brennan, Andrew. "El Cashico: The Man City/PSG Match Was Much More Than Just Bought Teams". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "'El Cashico' and Chelsea make Real outlier in Champions League semis". Hindustan Times. 2021-04-15. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "Manchester City - Record against Paris Saint-Germain". worldfootball.net. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "City suffer Euro frustration". Sky Sports. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- "Paris Saint-Germain vs. Manchester City - Football Match Summary - April 28, 2021 - ESPN". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
|This association football article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article ""El Cashico"" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:"El Cashico". Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.