100 Best Companies to Work For
The 100 Best Companies to Work For is an annual list published by Fortune magazine that ranks U.S. companies based on employee happiness and perks. Like the Fortune 500, the list includes both public and private companies. The list was first published in 1998. Cisco Systems received No. 1 placement in the most recent 2021 ranking, followed by Salesforce, Hilton Worldwide and Wegmans Food Markets.
To compile the list, Fortune partners with the Great Place to Work Institute to survey a random group of employees from each company. A company's score is based on the "Trust Index Employee Survey" and the "Culture Audit."
According to the magazine, the Trust Index "asks questions related to employees' attitudes about management's credibility, overall job satisfaction, and camaraderie." The Culture Audit includes "detailed questions about pay and benefit programs and a series of open-ended questions about hiring practices, methods of internal communication, training, recognition programs, and diversity efforts."
Google (part of Alphabet) has been ranked first on the list eight times, since the company's first appearance on the list in 2006. Since then, 2018 was the first year the company was not on the list. Additionally, Wegmans, SAS Institute, W. L. Gore, REI, Goldman Sachs, TDIndustries, Publix, Four Seasons, Whole Foods, The Container Store, Cisco, Marriott, Genentech and Nordstrom have all have been on the list at least 17 times.
In 2011, finance professor Alex Edmans published a paper in the Journal of Financial Economics showing that the 100 Best Companies to Work For outperformed their peers in total shareholder returns by 2.1-3.5% from 1984-2009.
Other articles of the topics United States AND Companies : Paramount Pictures Corporation, Facilis Technology Inc., Birdman Bats, Universal City Studios LLC, Universal Music Group, Twentieth Century Fox Film Studios Corporation, List of companies of the United States
Other articles of the topic United States : Fire Drill Fridays, List of The Love Boat guest stars, Untitled Harley Quinn and Joker film, MTV, Bust of Vasil Levski, Bill Segal, Bank of America Corporation
Other articles of the topic Companies : Advanced Bionics, The Australian Bar and Restaurant, Brewstr, eat-the-world, Universal Music Group, IndraStra Global, Metaltex
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- 40 Under 40 (Fortune magazine)
- Other Fortune lists
- Levering, Robert (March 3, 2016). "This Year's Best Employers Have Focused on Fairness". Fortune. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "Methodology of the 100 Best Companies to Work For". Fortune. Time Inc. March 3, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "100 Best Companies to Work For". Fortune. Time Inc. March 3, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- Fitzpatrick, Alex (March 3, 2016). "These Are the 5 Best Companies to Work For". Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "Google (Alphabet) - 100 Best Companies to Work For". Fortune. Time Inc. March 3, 2016. Retrieved April 2, 2016.
- "100 Best Companies to Work For 2018". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-02-16.
- "Genentech". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-08-07.
- Edmans, Alex (2011). Does the stock market fully value intangibles? Employee satisfaction and equity prices. Journal of Financial Economics 101, 621-640.
This article "100 Best Companies to Work For" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:100 Best Companies to Work For. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.