1957 African Cup of Nations statistics
This article does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following article shows the statistics for the 1957 African Cup of Nations which took place in Sudan from 10 February to 16 February 1957 at the Municipal Sports Stadium in Khartoum. It was the first African Cup of Nations. In that year, the championship consisted of only three teams: Egypt, Sudan, and Ethiopia, and was won by Egypt. South Africa was due to play Ethiopia but "was disqualified because its government's apartheid policy forbade its football association from sending a multiracial team."
Goalscorers[edit | edit source]
- 5 goals
- 1 goal
- Raafat Attia — first goal scorer in that championship.
- Boraî Bashir — "some sources report the Sudan goal-scorer as Seddiq Mohammed Manzul, but contemporary reports mention that "Seddiq passed the ball to Boraî who scored."
Scoring[edit | edit source]
Wins and losses[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Africa : Kenya, Pan-African Freedom Movement for East and Central Africa, African Stand, Miss Estrella Mauritius, Tanzanian, Sylvester Renner
Others articles of the Topic Football : 2006–07 Moroccan Throne Cup, 2005–06 Moroccan Throne Cup, 2004–05 Moroccan Throne Cup
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- BBC Sports : Afcon 2017: Nations Cup prepares for kick off (11 January 2017) 
- FIFA : The day it all started for Ad-Diba and the Pharaohs (16 Feb 2017) 
- Khaled Abul-Oyoun; Ken Knight; Neil Morrison; Karel Stokkermans (3 October 2013). "African Nations Cup 1957". Retrieved 27 January 2019.
- (Polish) - Onet sport : Puchar Narodów Afryki, czyli piłkarska fantazja w środku ligowego sezonu, by PAWEŁ BANACZYK (14 January 2017) 
- (Italian) - Opinione Pubblica : Sessant’anni fa la prima Coppa delle Nazioni d’Africa, by i Marco Bagozzi (14 January 2017) 
[edit | edit source]
This article "1957 African Cup of Nations statistics" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:1957 African Cup of Nations statistics. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.