Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|1 BC by topic|
|Gregorian calendar||1 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||753|
|Ancient Greek era||194th Olympiad, year 4|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)|
2696 or 2636
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
2697 or 2637
|Coptic calendar||−284 – −283|
|Ethiopian calendar||−8 – −7|
|- Vikram Samvat||56–57|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3100–3101|
|Iranian calendar||622 BP – 621 BP|
|Islamic calendar||641 BH – 640 BH|
|Julian calendar||1 BC|
|Minguo calendar||1912 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||311/312 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||542–543|
126 or −255 or −1027
— to —
127 or −254 or −1026
Year 1 BC was a common year starting on Friday or Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar (the sources differ, see leap year error for further information) and a leap year starting on Thursday of the Proleptic Julian calendar. It is also a leap year starting on Saturday, in the Proleptic Gregorian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Lentulus and Piso (or, less frequently, year 753 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 1 BC for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years. The following year is 1 AD in the widely used Julian calendar, which does not have a "year zero".
- Emperor, Ai of Han dies and is succeeded by his cousin Ping of Han, a boy who is nine years old. Wang Mang is appointed regent by the Grand Empress Dowager Wang.
- Former regent Dong Xian commits suicide.
- Supposed birth of Jesus, in the Christian religion, was conceived 25 March and born on 25 December, as assigned by Dionysius Exiguus in his anno Domini era; according to most scholars, Dionysius used the word "incarnation", but it is not known whether he meant conception or birth. However, at least one scholar thinks Dionysius placed the incarnation of Jesus in the next year, AD 1. Most modern scholars do not consider Dionysius' calculations authoritative, themselves placing the event several years earlier (see Chronology of Jesus).
- Dong Xian, a Han dynasty Chinese official under Emperor Ai of Han (b. 23 BC)
- Emperor Ai of Han (b. 27 BC)
- Empress Fu
- Empress Zhao Feiyan (b. 32 BC)
Others articles of the Topic History : Currency, The family of Mahatma Gandhi, World War I, Benjamin E. Park, Timeline of Twitch.tv, Timeline of Square, Chronological list of Old Testament Saints
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Year zero for the different conventions that historians and astronomers use for "BC" years
- Georges Declercq, Anno Domini: The origins of the Christian Era (Turnhout, Belgium: Brepols, 2000), pp.143–147.
- G. Declercq, "Dionysius Exiguus and the introduction of the Christian Era", Sacris Erudiri 41 (2002) 165–246, pp.242–246. Annotated version of a portion of Anno Domini.
- James D. G. Dunn, Jesus Remembered, Eerdmans Publishing (2003), page 324.