2014 East Ukraine crisis
This article or section is in the process of an expansion or major restructuring. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article or section, please remove this template.
If you are the editor who added this template and you are actively editing, please be sure to replace this template with
This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses, and initial news reports may be unreliable. The last updates to this article may not reflect the most current information. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The East Ukraine crisis, also referred to as the uprising in eastern Ukraine, is an ongoing crisis which began on April 6, 2014, when protesters seized a number of government buildings in the East Ukraine, namely in the Donetsk, Lugansk, and Kharkov regions.
- April 6
- Pro-Russian protesters seize the Donetsk regional state administration
- Protesters seize the building of the regional Security Service department in Lugansk
- April 7
- People occupying the Donetsk RSA declare the Donetsk People's Republic
- People occupying the building of the Kharkiv RSA declare the Kharkiv People's Republic
- April 8
- The Kharkiv RSA building is retaken by Ukrainian special forces.
- April 12
- April 13
- De-facto acting President of Ukraine Oleksander Turchinov in his address to the nation gives the protesters until 6 in the morning to disarm. If they don't, a "full-scale anti-terrorist operation" will be launched. Turchinov also states that Russia was behind the events and called on the West for help in "preventing a civil war".
- "BBC News - As it happened East Ukraine crisis". BBC News. 2014-04-15.
- "WRAPUP 8-Separatists tighten grip on east Ukraine, EU agrees more sanctions on Moscow". Reuters. 2014-04-14.
- "Ukraine crisis: Pro-Russia forces lay siege to official buildings in east – live". The Guardian. 2014-04-14.
- "Pro-Russian protesters seize govt buildings in Ukraine's Donetsk, Lugansk and Kharkov". Russia Today. 2014-04-06.
- "В Луганске митингующие захватили здание Службы безопасности Украины". Komsomolskaya Pravda. 2014-04-06.
- "Pro-Russia activists declare establishment of "Kharkiv people's republic"". Focus Information Agency. 2014-04-07.
- Template:Cite ref
- "Armed pro-Russian extremists launch coordinated attacks in Donetsk Oblast, seize regional police headquarters, set up checkpoints (UPDATE)". Kyiv Post. 2014-04-12.
- "Ukraine gives separatists deadline to disarm". RTÉ News. 2014-04-13.
Others articles of the Topic Ukraine : Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada, Embassy of Ukraine, Belgrade, Embassy of Ukraine in Rome, Jonika Airlines, P44 road (Ukraine), Adam Montrézor, Andrii Ivanovych Klantsa
Others articles of the Topic 2010s : Then the Night Comes, 2016 Fort Myers nightclub shooting, Doge (meme), Doctor Who Prom (2013), Anubis (film), 2018 Luxor hot air balloon crash, Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion
This article "2014 East Ukraine crisis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.