2014 Tours stabbings
On 20 December 2014, a man in Joue-les-Tours near the city of Tours in central France entered a police station shouting "Allahu Akbar" and began to attack officers with a knife, injuring 2 before he was shot and killed.
The attacker was identified as Bertrand Nzohabonayo (20), A French citizen born in Barundi in 1994. The attacker had taken Bilal upon conversion to Islam, and had been posting Islamist material on his Facebook page, including a photograph of the black flag of the Islamic State.
In Burundi, a majority-Christian country, police arrested the attacker's brother, Brice Nzohabonayo, a man with known Islamist sympathies, and stated that they had informed French authorities that both brothers should be regarded as suspect due to their radical Islmaist opinions.
In retrospect, the Tours stabbing is seen as part of an increasing "drumbeat" of Islamist attacks preceding the November 2015 Paris attacks.
- "French police shoot dead knifeman who was shouting Islamic slogans". The Daily Telegraph. 20 December 2014. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- Lichfield, John (21 December 2014). "Man shot dead by police in jihadist attack in Tours". The Independent. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- Mulholland, Rory (21 December 2014). "French knife attacker Bertrand Nzohabonayo was Islamic convert; Man shot dead by French police had changed name to Bilal and posted ISIL flag on Facebook". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- Cruickshank, Paul (16 November 2015). "Drumbeat of terror precedes slaughter that shocks France and the world". CNN. Retrieved 17 November 2015.
- "Burundi arrests brother of suspect in French police attack". France 24. 22 December 2014. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
Others articles of the Topic Criminal justice : 2014 White House fence jumper, Pavle Stanimirovic, Statistics of incarcerated African-American males, Vadodara encounter, Peter Testar, People, 2017 Munich shooting
Others articles of the Topic France : Babelscores, Mickael Abbate, The Memory Pictures Company, École Marie Félicité Brosset, Tourism in Brittany, Carlos Sahakian, Laurent Schwartz
Others articles of the Topic 2010s : 2016 Fort Myers nightclub shooting, Doctor Who Prom (2013), Amnesty the game, 2019 Boeing 737 MAX crisis, Call-out culture, Foundation Engine, Then the Night Comes
This article "2014 Tours stabbings" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.