2021 World Aquatics Championships
|19th FINA World Championships|
← 2019 Gwangju
The 2021 World Aquatics Championships will be the 19th FINA World Aquatics Championships.
The competitions originally was to be held in Budapest, Hungary, in summer 2021. It was announced on July 19, 2013, on the biennial General Congress of FINA in Barcelona, the host-city of the 2013 World Aquatics Championships. Also Gwangju, South Korea, was awarded the 2019 Championships in the same vote.
However, in March 2015, it was announced that Budapest will host the 2017 Championships, after that Guadalajara gave up the organization of the championships for financial reasons. A new bidding procedure will now be open for the 2021 event.
On 9 June 2015, the FINA reported it had received expressions of interest for the 2021 and 2023 FINA World Championships from Argentina, Australia (with Melbourne or Sydney), China (with Wuhan or Nanjing), Germany (two potential cities), Japan, Turkey and Qatar. On 30 June 2015, an information meeting was organised for the nations and cities which have shown an interest in bidding before. This meeting was attended by representatives of cities from six countries:
- Abu Dhabi and Dubai (United Arabic Emirates),
- Buenos Aires (Argentina),
- Doha (Qatar),
- Fukuoka and Tokyo (Japan),
- Istanbul (Turkey) and
- Nanjing and Wuhan and Guangzhou (China)
Finally, on November 8, 2015 in Dubai (UAE), each of the bids will make a formal presentation to the FINA Bureau, who will then vote and publicly announce the Organisers of the 2021 and 2023 rendezvous.
Notes and references
-  (Gwangju, Budapest win right to host worlds); posted by Reuters on 2013-07-19.
- Budapest (HUN) to host FINA World Championships in 2017
- PR 48 - FINA encouraged by strong interest for its 2021 and 2023 World Championships
- 6 Cities Vying for FINA World Championship Hosting Duties
- PR 59 - FINA World Championships 2021 & 2023: potential bidders meet in Lausanne
This article "2021 World Aquatics Championships" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.