|Original author(s)||Darren Schreiber|
1.46.0 / January 7, 2012
|Platform||Unix-like, Windows, Sun Solaris, Mac OS X|
|Type||VoIP software, Softswitch|
|License||Mozilla Public License (MPL)|
Search 2600hz on Amazon.
2600hz is an organization that builds free and open-source software for communications configuration and management. Their technology powers projects that help small and large businesses manage Voice over IP (VoIP) systems. Its first project, named blue.box, included a fully functional GUI and framework for building web-based VoIP tools. Development of blue.box is now community-driven. It is released under the MPL free software license. Their second project, known simply as Kazoo, is a distributed, clustered API-based communications infrastructure.
Kazoo started as the TCAPI project  in 2007, and was later renamed to the blue.box project.
2600hz is an organization. All projects are fully open-source licensed. The 2600hz project, as a whole, intends to become a legal registered foundation in an effort to keep all source code open with minimal ties to corporate entities.
blue.box is an open-source configuration and management software enabling the use of the FreeSWITCH and Asterisk switching libraries. It supports multi-tenancy, skinning and is completely open-source. It can be used with database and file replication to scale up to thousands of registered devices and simultaneous phone calls. It can operate in the cloud or on the premise.
blue.box configures and manages these features:
- Multi-Tenancy (reselling of VoIP services)
- SIP Calling (Android and iPhone compatible)
- Free, Unlimited Conference Calls
- Interactive Call Management
- Unlimited Extensions
- Unlimited Auto Attendants
- Unlimited Call Groups
- Voicemail to Email
- Music on Hold (WAV/MP3)
- Call Parking
- Custom CSS Skins
Kazoo is an open-source, scalable, distributed, API-driven, cloud-based telephony platform that allows the user to build telephony applications. It relies on FOSS software like Linux, Erlang, FreeSWITCH, CouchDB, and RabbitMQ.
Its REST architecture and API modules permit it to handle:
- Least cost routing / trunking application
- Call center handler
- Multi-tenant, white-label hosted PBX application
- Widgets for common tasks, like selecting one or many numbers, selecting a destination when transferring a call, monitoring switch activity, etc.
- Real-time eventing with the switch (Comet style)
- Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) phone registration and authentication
- Phone provisioning across various models
- Call billing and taxation
- Phone number provisioning
- Call/trunk routing
- General call logic
- Eventing hooks and real-time notifications to the browser or external scripts
An integrated hardware version called redbox is also available.
Other articles of the topic Free software : Happstack, Open Space Program, wmii, Beanstalkd, eXo Platform, ARAS (software), Open-source-software movement
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of SIP software - other SIP related programs
This article "2600hz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.