Wiki-valley-lg-cyan 200px.png Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)


Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Nuvola apps kgpg.png Sign in or create an account to improve, watchlist or create an article like a company page or a bio (yours ?)...

4cabling

From EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


4Cabling4Cabling
 Edit this InfoBox
Type
Private company
IndustryComputer Network
Founded2006
Founder
HeadquartersSydney, Australia
Key people
Jonathan Maister, Managing Director
ProductsCabling and IT management accessories
RevenueAUD$ 10 million [1]
Number of employees
50+
Website4cabling.com.au

4Cabling (founded 2006) is the only direct-to-consumer manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of cabling and IT management accessories in Australia.[2][3]

History[edit]

The company was founded in 2006 by Nicole Kersh in her parents’ garage.[4][5] Kersh, who at the time was a 21-year-old university student, founded her company following her experiences with her parents’ electrical cabling company.[4][6][7] Kersh owns 51 per cent of 4Cabling and her mother the remaining 49 per cent.[8]

In 2012, Kersh received the Australian Institute of Management’s Young Manager of the Year award for her work in the company.[5][9]

In May 2014, Kersh sold the business to Gernis Holdings a family run private equity firm. Gernis’ Managing Director is Jonathan Maister. Maister has taken over as Managing Director at 4Cabling and plans to further expand 4Cablings skillset and product offering in the coming years.[10]

Legal[edit]

In 2013, 4Cabling was successful in a trademark battle after a competing business began using the company’s name as a Google AdWord.[2]

See also[edit]


Others articles of the Topic Companies : Genesis Microsystems Inc, Air Colombia, Gabi (company), Pamir Electronics, IndraStra Global, Ad Magnet, Facilis Technology Inc.
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".

  • BRW Fast Starters

References[edit]

  1. Kirsten Robb (22 September 2014). "Maister family: Why we scooped up Smart50 finalist 4Cabling". SmartCompany. Retrieved 20 October 2013.
  2. 2.0 2.1 Valerie Khoo (31 Jan 2013). "What happens when someone copies your business?". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 14 Oct 2013.
  3. Sophie Davis (21 Mar 2013). "World cable domination". Australia Unlimited. Retrieved 14 Oct 2013.
  4. 4.0 4.1 Oliver Milman and Michelle Hammond (8 Mar 2012). "Two property entrepreneurs in StartupSmart's top 10 gender barrier-breaking female entrepreneurs". Property Observer. Retrieved 14 Oct 2013.
  5. 5.0 5.1 "Nicole Kersh overcomes obstacles to fulfil destiny as cabling guru". Australian Institute of Management. 30 Oct 2012. Retrieved 14 Oct 2013.
  6. Madeleine Heffernan, Brad Howarth and James Thompson (19 April 2011). "2011's Hot 30 Under 30". Smart Company. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
  7. Gayle Bryant (16 July 2013). "The best age to start a business". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
  8. Caitlin Fitzsimmons (19 September 2013). "Women to watch: What will it take to open the door for more young female entrepreneurs?". BRW. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
  9. Vicki Copeman (29 November 2012). "Battling Chinese bias: Nicole Kersh". BRW. Retrieved 21 November 2013.
  10. ROBB, KIRSTEN (22 September 2014). "Maister family: Why we scooped up Smart50 finalist 4Cabling". Smart Company. Retrieved 19 October 2014.

This article "4cabling" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.


Compte Twitter EverybodyWiki Follow us on https://twitter.com/EverybodyWiki !

Farm-Fresh comment add.png You have to Sign in or create an account to comment this article !