Aabid Ismail(born 2001) is a Sri Lankan scrabble player who is well known for winning the Wespa Youth Cup (Formerly known as the World Youth Scrabble Championship) in the year 2017.    He is also currently the player with the highest number of wins at a world youth scrabble championship after winning 20.5 games out of 24.
Ismail, who studied at Royal College, Colombo has enjoyed the game since he was 13 years old, and has started the game from the roots of his school. Royal College is known to produce some of the world's finest scrabblers. For an example, Janul De Silva from Royal College became the Runner Up at the World Youth Scrabble Championship 2017 and the Under 16 Champion.   Furthermore from the year 2006 onwards, the Sri Lankan Youth Scrabble team has had at least one royalist.   
Other Achievements[edit | edit source]
Aabid Ismail was able to secure 3 awards at the World Youth Scrabble Championship 2016 held in Lille, France. The awards were for the 2nd Runner up, Under 16 Champion and Highest Word Score.Aabid Ismail is also a 3-time finalist at the Sri Lankan National Scrabble Championship and has won it once in the year 2017.   
References[edit | edit source]
- "Youth Scrabble".
- "Youth Scrabble". youth scrabble. WESPA (World English Scrabble Players' Association).
- "World Youth Scrabble Championships". wikipedia.
- "Scrabble Club | Royal College". Website of Royal College.
- . Sunday Times http://www.sundaytimes.lk/171203/sunday-times-2/royalist-aabid-ismail-wins-world-youth-scrabble-title-271384.html. Missing or empty
- . News First http://www.rcu.lk/royalist-aabid-ismail-wins-world-youth-scrabble-title/. Missing or empty
- "Royalist Aabid Ismail wins World Youth Scrabble Title – Royal College Union". Royal College Union.
- . News First https://www.newsfirst.lk/2017/12/04/royalist-aabid-ismail-becomes-world-youth-scrabble-champion/. Missing or empty
- "Sri Lanka excels at international tournaments". WESPA official site.
- "WYSC 2016 Results Summary". Youth Scrabble. WESPA.
- "National Scrabble Championship 2018 (SL)". Official scrabble site of the SLSL(Sri Lanka Scrabble League).
- "National Scrabble Championship 2017 (SL)". Sri Lanka Scrabble League.
- "National Scrabble Championship 2016 (SL)". Sri Lanka Scrabble League.
This article "Aabid Ismail" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aabid Ismail. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.