|Notable work||Immortal Self|
Aaravindha Himadra (who is recognized as an Amartya Rishi) is an American spiritual leader and author. He is the founder and leader of Sambodha, an international spiritual organization headquartered in the United States.
Aaravindha is based in Washington State, and travels extensively across the U.S., Canada, and Europe. He regularly lectures internationally on various aspects of spirituality, including meditation and compassion.
Background and early life
Aaravindha Himadra was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest. His parents are of German and Latvian descent.
His interests and expertise include philosophy, religion, psychology, spiritual metaphysics, and writing.
Prior to founding Sambodha, Aaravindha had owned two bookstores in the Pacific Northwest:
- A bookstore in the community where he grew up. Aaravindha founded the bookstore when he was 20 years old.
- A larger bookstore in Seattle.
Both bookstores had herbal medicine, yoga and movement centers and schools where he taught philosophy and spirituality. Aaravindha's bookstores also supported musicians and artists, helping them to sell their work. By collaborating with local artists, the book stores and centers were able to integrate into the local communities.
While in Seattle, he also taught 1-year yoga teacher certification courses.
Aaravindha left his bookstore business to embark on a year-long spiritual retreat to the Cascade Mountains. Later after returning from a second spiritual journey in the Himalayas, he founded the spiritual organization Sambodha and wrote about his experiences in his memoir and spiritual guidebook Immortal Self.
Sambodha is currently headquartered in Eastsound, Washington. It does not brand itself as a religious organization, but rather offers general spiritual courses, seminars, and guidance.
Aaravindha Himadra's best-known book is Immortal Self. The book is published by Sounds True.
Immortal Self recounts Aaravindha's 2006 journey to visit the Amartya Masters, a reclusive spiritual community in the Himalayas. The book discusses the Amartya Tradition in detail.
Translations of Immortal Self include:
Lectures and seminars
Aaravindha regularly lectures internationally, especially in North America and Europe. He also hosts scheduled multi-day seminars in various countries, especially in Germany and neighboring countries. Some of the seminars run from 10-12 days.
Aaravindha Himadra has written articles for Medium and other websites.
Aaravindha hosts the podcast Wisdom Path Podcasts with Aaravindha Himadra.
- ↑ Crunchbase profile
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Aaravindha Himadra. Sounds True.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Official biography of Aaravindha Himadra
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Aaravindha Himadra. Ideamensch.
- ↑ Aaravindha Himadra. Positive Life Magazine.
- ↑ Das Tal der unsterblichen Meister on Amazon.de
- ↑ De vallei van de onsterfelijke meesters on bol.com.
- ↑ Aaravindha Seminars
- ↑ Himadra, Aaravindha. The Three Acts that establish True Now-Presence. Jul 27, 2019. Medium.
- ↑ Articles by Aaravindha Himadra.
- ↑ Wisdom Path Podcasts with Aaravindha Himadra.
- Perkins, Krystal. Aaravindha Himadra Details Methods for Promoting Free Thinking in Healthy Society. February 12, 2019. Prague Post.
- Aaravindha Himadra. surahparampara.com.
- Aaravindha Himadra on PositiveLife.ie
- Online profiles
- Immortal Self on GoodReads
- Immortal Self on Amazon
- Spiritual leaders