Aaron Fox (musicologist)
Aaron Fox is an American ethnomusicologist, anthropologist, and linguist. He is an Associate Professor in the Department of Music at Columbia University, which includes undergraduate music, as well as graduate music studies (including Ethnomusicology).
Aaron Fox's scholarship is focused on working-class culture and music; language and music; class, music, and identity; ethnographic theory and method; intellectual history of social, especially ethnomusicological, thought; intellectual property rights. More recently he has studied Inuit culture. In his book, Real Country: Music and Language in Working-Class Culture , Fox argues that country music is an authentic art form that is an expression of a specific working-class culture.
He teaches four undergraduate classes per year at Columbia University. He is also a country guitarist, and a radio deejay.
- (2004). Real Country: Music and Language in Working-Class Culture , 2004, Duke University Press, ISBN 0-8223-3348-1 Search this book on .
- "Fox, Aaron". The Center for Ethnomusicology. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- Miller, Karl Hagstrom (7 January 2005). "Honky Tonkin' (book review)". The Texas Observer.
- Haugh, Wendi A. Anthropological Quarterly, vol. 80, no. 4, 2007, pp. 1209–1213. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/30052782.
- Lena, Jennifer C. American Journal of Sociology, vol. 111, no. 2, 2005, pp. 652–654. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/10.1086/499019.
- Pruett, David B. Yearbook for Traditional Music, vol. 40, 2008, pp. 174–176. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/20465076.
- Shank, Barry. American Studies, vol. 47, no. 1, 2006, pp. 189–190. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40604926.
- Silverman, Jonathan. “‘The Fool in the Mirror.’” American Quarterly, vol. 58, no. 2, 2006, pp. 545–550. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/40068379.
- Real Country: Music and Language in Working-Class Culture by Aaron A. Fox Review by: Geoff Mann Labour / Le Travail, Vol. 56 (Fall, 2005), pp. 321-323
- Real Country: Music and Language in Working-Class Culture by Aaron A. Fox Review by: David Samuels Language in Society, Vol. 35, No. 5 (Nov., 2006), pp. 792-795
|This article on a musicologist is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States guitarist is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Aaron Fox (musicologist)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aaron Fox (musicologist). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.