|Born||Aaron Gabriel Golbin|
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|📆 Years active||2013-present|
|Title||Founder and Chief Executive Officer at DebateIsland.com and LostCry.com|
Aaron Gabriel Golbin (born September 4, 2003) is an American entrepreneur and investor. Golbin is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of DebateIsland.com, the largest online debate platform globally by activity, and LostCry.com. He also founded and served as the CEO of BestDealWins.com.
Early life and education
Golbin was born in Brooklyn, New York and mainly grew up in Sheepshead Bay, New York. He attended P.S. 206 Joseph F. Lamb Elementary School from Kindergarten to grade 5, and then attended I.S. 234 Arthur W. Cunningham Middle School during grades 6 and 7. Following his family's move to Long Island, New York, Golbin attended Merrick Avenue Middle School and now attends high school.
Early Business Career
In 2013, at the age of 8, Aaron Golbin founded Kings Corporation, a venture that provided indoor and outdoor entertainment to elementary school students during their lunch period. As its CEO, Golbin expanded the venture to a 20-volunteer business used by a large number of children in his school. In 2014, after the end of 5th grade, he began to learn numerous programming languages, primarily through free online websites, and continued to learn about business through courses and books.
On April 30, 2016, at the age of 12, Golbin founded DebateIsland.com, the largest online debate platform globally by activity where anyone can debate online, casually or formally, connect with friends and others, and improve their debating skills with the help of artificial-intelligence technology. Aaron Golbin currently holds the position of CEO of DebateIsland.com. In 2018, Golbin led the development and launch of DebateIsland Debra Artificial Intelligence , a set of artificial intelligence (AI) products. Debra AI, using a mix of proprietary and open source code, and API's, provides informative insights on user-created debate arguments, predicts the winner/s of online debates, and can calculate arguments' and users' most likely political affiliation and supported presidential candidate/s on DebateIsland.
BestDealWins.com and LostCry.com
On January 12, 2017, Aaron Golbin founded BestDealWins.com, an online platform which sought to make saving money into a sport by transforming money saving into a game-like experience. It enabled users to create "deal challenges" which would contain deals and YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary) deals posted by competing users who aimed to have the best deal in order to win the challenge. Golbin served as its CEO until late 2020, when the venture was shut down.
On October 1, 2017, Golbin founded LostCry.com, an online platform where people can share their ancestors’ stories of hardship from events such as the Holocaust, Wars, Genocides, and Immigration. Golbin dedicated the website to his great grandmother, Tsilya Gershman Zaslavsky , a holocaust survivor. Aaron Golbin currently holds the position of CEO at LostCry. Golbin's essay about Tsilya's Holocaust experience, The Story of My Great Grandmother, is now in the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's collection, where it was first indexed in early 2019.
Aaron Golbin invests in companies primarily in technology. Having made his first investment in elementary school, he began to analyze stocks and create stock analysis presentations in sixth grade.
Golbin frequently writes articles and essays about business, entrepreneurship, technology, politics, and finance.
Inc. "9 Kid CEOs Teach Us One Critical Thing About What It Takes To Be A Successful Entrepreneur" (2017)
Kidpreneurs "Interview with Aaron Golbin, Founder of DebateIsland.com" (2018)
- Sudakow, James (2017-08-23). "What This 13-Year-Old Entrepreneur Can Teach You About Setting Up for Success". Inc.com. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- Juetten, Mary. "More Teenage Brilliance: Two Different Startups". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Teenager Startups - Aaron Golbin started his largest venture DebateIsland at age 12". www.teenagerstartups.com. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "About Aaron Golbin". Unknown parameter
- Coleman, Alison. "Lessons In Setting Up A Business From A Teenage Online Entrepreneur". Forbes. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- Imran, Faiz (2020-07-09). "Meet The 16 Year Old Behind This Globally Leading Online Debate Platform". AsianBlurb. Retrieved 2021-06-08.
- "DebateIsland.com | About". www.debateisland.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- Vicente, Vann. "What Does "YMMV" Mean, and How Do You Use It?". How-To Geek. Retrieved 2021-06-08.
- Editors, History com. "The Holocaust". HISTORY. Retrieved 2021-06-08.
- "World War One". LostCry.com | Share Your Ancestor's Story - Holocaust Stories, War Stories, And More. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Armenian Genocide". LostCry.com | Share Your Ancestor's Story - Holocaust Stories, War Stories, And More. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Immigration". LostCry.com | Share Your Ancestor's Story - Holocaust Stories, War Stories, And More. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "LostCry.com | About Us". www.lostcry.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- "The story of my great grandmother : my great grandmother's Holocaust experience / Aaron Golbin. - Collections Search - United States Holocaust Memorial Museum". collections.ushmm.org. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- Aaron Golbin (2016-08-17). "Nwbo, Cldx and Imuc, should you invest".
- "Bitcoin - Is It a Good Investment?". www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Apple and Google's Coronavirus Monitoring Technology is the Beginning of Mass-surveillance in America". www.linkedin.com. Retrieved 2021-06-08.
- Sudakow, James (2017-11-08). "9 Kid CEOs Teach Us One Critical Thing About What It Takes To Be A Successful Entrepreneur". Inc.com. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Interview with Kidpreneur, Aaron Golbin, Founder of DebateIsland.com". Kidpreneurs - Young Entrepreneurs with Big Ideas!. 2018-10-03. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "More Teenage Brilliance: Two Different Startups". Business Quick Magazine. 2020-09-03. Retrieved 2021-06-08.