Adventist Health Hanford
|Adventist Health Hanford|
|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Location||Hanford, California, United States|
|Care system||Private, Medicare, Medicaid|
|Emergency department||Basic, Physician On Duty|
|Lists||Hospitals in the United States|
|Part of a series on|
Seventh-day Adventist portal
Adventist Health Hanford is located in the city of Hanford, California. Adventist Health Hanford is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist hospital system. Adventist Health Hanford is part of a division of Adventist Health known as the Adventist Health Central Valley Network, consisting of Adventist Health Hanford , Adventist Health Reedley, Adventist Health Selma, and seventeen Adventist Health/Community Care clinics throughout a 2,500-square-mile (6,500 km2) region in the Central Valley.
Hospital Quality[edit | edit source]
- Cardiac - Better than Expected/ As Expected
- Critical care medicine - As Expected
- Gastrointestinal - As Expected
- Neuroscience - As Expected
- Orthopedic - Better than Expected/ As Expected: Received Joint Replacement Excellence Award in 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Pulmonary - As Expected/ Worse than Expected
- Spinal surgery - As Expected
Ranking & Rating[edit | edit source]
- Diabetes & Endocrinology - 22.6/100
- Gastroenterology - 26.3/100
- Geriatrics - 26.9/100
- Nephrology - 36.7/100
- Orthopedics - 23.0/100
- Pulmonology & Lung Surgery - 30.3/100
- Urology - 43.4/100
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair - Not Rated
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Average
- Colon Cancer Surgery - Average
- Heart Failure - Average
- Hip Replacement - Average
- Knee Replacement - Average
- Lung Cancer Surgery - Not Rated
Customer Rating[edit | edit source]
Maternal morbidity rate[edit | edit source]
The maternal morbidity rate for all mothers at Adventist Health Hanford is at 1.8%, higher than the state of California. The maternal morbidity rate for low-income mothers on Medicaid is 1.9% at Adventist Health Hanford, higher than the state of California. And cesarean rate for Adventist Health Hanford is very high at 18.1%, that is almost higher than 13 states combined.
History[edit | edit source]
Construction began in 2007 on a new hospital building. In December 2010 the new medical center was opened at West Seventh Street and Mall Drive, for $114 million. This was done to merge two older hospitals Hanford Community Medical Center and Central Valley General Hospital. The old hospitals will continue to be used under new names. The new hospital building has 120 private medical-surgical beds, 22 intensive care unit beds, 26 emergency treatment rooms, 6 opertating rooms and a heliport.
On the news[edit | edit source]
A reporter from ABC30 reported that ambulances lined up Sunday morning to transfer patients to the new Adventist Medical Center-Hanford. A total of 78 patients from Hanford Community Medical Center and Central Valley General Hospital were moved to the new hospital.
Lawsuits[edit | edit source]
In 2010 Adventist Health, Hanford Community Medical Center and Adventist Health California Medical Foundation were sued by 62 plaintiffs for millions of dollars. A former orthopedic surgeon messed up joint-replacement surgeries, leaving patients in severe pain. And one patient lost their leg after it got infected. In 2016 an anesthesia technician at Adventist Health Hanford filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against three defendents. An anesthesia nurse for exposing himself and masturbating in front of her in the operating room. And a doctor for inappropriately touching her. And also the hospital was being sued and the hospital asked the court to have the lawsuit settled at arbitration.
Transfer of jobs[edit | edit source]
In April 2018, 205 employees at Adventist Health Hanford will be transfered to Cerner Corporation, ahealth care technology company. Under the state's Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification program the employees are being reported as layoffs.
Grants[edit | edit source]
On February 20, 2008 Hanford Community Medical Center received a grant from Blue Shield of California Foundation in CHAIPI educational collaborative and to prevent infection and improve patient quality. In 2019 Adventist Health Hanford applied for a grant from the California Bridge Program, and was given $175,000 to fight the opioid addictions in Kings County and surrounding areas.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topics Seventh-day Adventist Church AND Medicine : Adventist Health Castle
Others articles of the Topic Seventh-day Adventist Church : Norman Maphosa, Adventist Health Castle, DXGA-TV
Others articles of the Topic Medicine : Paul M. Davis Jr., Hospital information system, George B. Mowad, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, Pattie W. Van Hook, ZoomCare, Adventist Health Castle
Others articles of the Topic California : Bob Cohee, Los Angeles, California, California National Party, Overlook Park (Murrieta, California), Carl Marino, Los Angeles, WWE Yolo County Tag Team Championship
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- Adventist Health/Adventist Medical Center, Hanford California Hospital Association Retrieved April 29, 2019
- Adventist Health Hanford Adventist Yearbook Retrieved May 2, 2019
- Adventist Health Announces New Direction Sierra News Online Retrieved May 1, 2019
- Adventist Health Hanford Healthgrades Retrieved May 1, 2019
- Adventist Medical Center-Hanford U.S.News Retrieved May 8, 2019
- Adventist Health/Hanford Community Medical Center Angie's List Retrieved May 8, 2019
- Adventist Health Hanford USA Today Retrieved May 8, 2019
- New Adventist Hospital to Open in Hanford, California Becker's Hospital Review Retrieved May 1, 2019
- Adventist Health set to move patients to new hospital Sunday The Sentinel Retrieved May 1, 2019
- Adventist Health Hanford Practice Link 25 Retrieved May 1, 2019
- New hospital opens in hanford ABC30 Retrieved May 8, 2019
- Adventist Health Paid Millions to Settle Claims Against Doctor Adventist Today Retrieved May 1, 2019
- Hanford hospital at center of sexual misconduct lawsuit YourCentralValley.com Retrieved May 1, 2019
- 320 Adventist Health Jobs Up For Transfer To Third Party The Business Journal Retrieved May 8, 2019
- Hanford Community Medical Center Blue Shield of California Foundation Retrieved May 8, 2019
- Adventist Hospital Receives Funding to Help Combat Opioid Epidemic Adventist World Retrieved May 1, 2019
[edit | edit source]
This article "Adventist Health Hanford" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Adventist Health Hanford. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.