|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 488: Unable to find the specified location map definition: "Module:Location map/data/United Arab Emirates" does not exist.|
|Coordinates: Script error: No such module "ISO 3166".|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
It is the site of a Dhs1.7 billion construction project, Mohammed bin Zayed City, which is planned to comprise 1,100 houses and apartments, as well as offering community services.
Al Hayl Fort, a hilltop fortification that has been dated to 1932, stands over the restored old village of Hayl. The wadi also contains a collection of petroglyphs, thought to date back to the Iron Age. Over 100 examples of rock art have been documented but a number are under threat because of the expansion of quarries as well as industrial sites and residential areas.
The Kunud are thought to be descendants of Aswad Al Kindi, who moved to the area of Oman from Yemen in the time of Muhammad.
References[edit | edit source]
- Planet, L.; Walker, J.; Ham, A.; Schulte-Peevers, A. (2016). Lonely Planet Oman, UAE & Arabian Peninsula. Travel Guide. Lonely Planet Global Limited. p. 907. ISBN 978-1-78657-305-6. Retrieved 20 September 2018.
- "Putting it back together". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- "Construction begins on Dh1.7bn Fujairah housing project". The National. Retrieved 18 September 2018.
- "Al Hayl Fort". www.lonelyplanet.com. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- Ziolkowski, M. C. (May 1998). "A study of the petroglyphs from Wadi al-Hayl, Fujairah, United Arab Emirates (1)". Arabian Archaeology and Epigraphy. 9 (1): 13–89. doi:10.1111/j.1600-0471.1998.tb00109.x. ISSN 0905-7196.
- "Progress threatens rare UAE rock drawings". The National. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- 1941-, Heard-Bey, Frauke, (2005). From Trucial States to United Arab Emirates : a society in transition. London: Motivate. p. 32. ISBN 1-86063-167-3. OCLC 64689681.
This article "Al Hayl" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Al Hayl/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.