Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Sign in to improve or create : an article, a company page or a bio (yours ?)...
Alan is a digital health insurance provider for companies and freelancers.
|Public limited company|
|Industry||Health and disability insurance|
|Founded||February 10, 2016, Paris, France|
Jean-Charles Samuelian (CEO)|
Charles Gorintin (CTO)
Health insurance for companies and freelancers|
Disability insurance for companies
Concept[edit | edit source]
Since January 1, 2016, the National Interprofessional Agreement (ANI) makes it mandatory for private sector employers to provide supplementary health insurance to all of their employees, and it must be at least 50% financed by the company.
Launched on February 10, 2016 by Jean-Charles Samuelian and Charles Gorintin, Alan is based on the complete digitalization of health insurance.
Initially, Alan allows companies to sign up on the company’s website. Subsequently, employees are invited by the company: they can join Alan themselves and manage their account independently.
History[edit | edit source]
Before co-founding and becoming Alan’s CEO, Jean-Charles Samuelian created Expliseat and sold his shares in 2015. Before leading Alan's technical teams, Charles Gorintin was a data scientist at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
In October 2016, Alan announced its approval by the ACPR and entered the health insurance market. The company also announced a €12 million seed round, led by CNP Assurances, via Open CNP and Partech Ventures.
In February 2017, the startup company launched a service dedicated to freelancers.
In July 2017, Alan decided to expand its services by covering disability insurance for companies.
The end of the year is a particular time for insurance companies. Insured persons have until October 31 to terminate their contracts. Alan used this period to launch an advertising campaign in the corridors of the Parisian subway.
The company had about 20 employees in early 2018 and projects to have 70 employees by the end of 2018.
Market[edit | edit source]
Since Alan is officially recognised and approved as an independent insurance provider, it has positioned itself on a market where many other long-standing companies are already present, such as AXA or Allianz.
As of April 2018, Alan covers 850 business customers for a total of 7000 insured persons.
References[edit | edit source]
- "[Les 20 de l'insurtech] Alan casse les codes de l'assurance santé". L'Usine Digitale (in french). Retrieved January 29, 2018.
- Décision n° 2016-C-72 du 20 octobre 2016 portant agrément d'une entreprise d'assurance. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- "La mutuelle d'entreprise devient obligatoire au 1er janvier 2016 dans le secteur privé". Portail de l'Economie, des Finances, de l'Action et des Comptes publics (in french). Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Comment Alan digitalise l'assurance santé des entreprises et des indépendants". FrenchWeb.fr (in french). Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- "Alan, 12 millions d'euros pour faire passer l'assurance complémentaire santé à l'heure du digital". FrenchWeb.fr (in french). Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- "La Start-up Alan veut révolutionner le secteur de la mutuelle santé". Challenges (in french). Retrieved March 15, 2018.
- "Charles Gorintin : Comment l'utilisation des données peut améliorer notre santé". Data Analytics Post (in french). Retrieved November 14, 2017.
- "Levée de fonds record pour l'assurtech française Alan". Les Echos (in french). Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "CNP Assurances entre au capital d'Alan". Le Figaro Bourse (in french). Retrieved October 25, 2016.
- "Alan dynamite l'assurance santé avec une nouvelle offre pour les freelances et indépendants". Maddyness (in french). Retrieved February 24, 2017.
- "Après la santé, Alan se lance sur la prévoyance". L'Argus de l'assurance (in french). Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Alan s'affiche dans le métro". Startup Begins (in french). Retrieved October 16, 2017.
- "L'assurtech Alan veut lever 23 millions d'euros pour développer son produit". BFM Business (in french). Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Index Ventures Expands Its Fintech Portfolio". Bloomberg. Retrieved April 13, 2018.
- "Cette start-up qui bouscule le marché des complémentaires santé a séduit Xavier Niel". BFM Business (in french). Retrieved April 10, 2018.
- "Alan lève 23 millions d'euros pour devenir l'assurance santé de référence des entreprises françaises" (in french). Retrieved April 10, 2018.
This article "Alan (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Alan (company)/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.