Alan Burridge (writer)
|Born||Alan Charles Burridge|
7 May 1951
|Occupation||Novelist, organizer of the Motorheadbangers fan club|
|Subject||Motörhead biographer and discographer|
|Notable works||Murder In The Village|
Alan Burridge (born 7 May 1951), was the official biographer of the heavy rock band, Motörhead. He retired 31 December 2017. He is also a writer of fiction novels and local interest books.
Burridge was born in Poole in Dorset, England. In his youth he was a reader and writer with an interest in music, which continued throughout his life. In 1977, Burridge became interested in heavy rock band Motörhead, and in January 1980, started the Motorhead Magazine fanzine. The magazine featured gig reviews and news whilst inviting the readership to become involved by writing their experiences of seeing the band live. Motorheadbangers, the official Motörhead fan club originally managed by drummer Phil Taylor's sister, Helen, ceased operations in 1983, Burridge, then working as a warehouseman, was asked by the band to roll it into his fan magazine, Motorheadbangers, which achieved 110 issues during its 37 years of publication. He was President of the Motorheadbangers World Fan Club.
Burridge wrote two articles covering the band's history and discography for Record Collector, the April 1991 edition covered the band's history and official UK releases, whilst the July 1993 edition concentrated on Motörhead rarities. As well as providing the discography notes for the band's official website, Burridge wrote the liner notes for the Motörhead compilation albums Welcome to the Bear Trap and From the Vaults and had a large input with the Meltdown 3-CD box set. Burridge also writes gig reviews for local live music venue, Mr. Kyps, which feature in the "Rock 'n' Roll Ink" publication.
Married since 1973 to wife, Jane, they have 2 children and 10 grandchildren.
Burridge has published a number of local history books about Dorset, including When Upton Had Trains, and Upton’s Clay Industries and Associated Rail Links.
- Motorhead Born to Lose Live to Win 1st Edition - Babylon Books July 1980.
- Motorhead Born to Lose Live to Win 2nd Edition - Babylon Books September 1980.
- Motorhead Babylon Books 1981 ISBN 0-86001-935-7 Search this book on . OP41300.
- Record Collector Motorhead feature: Issue 140 April 1991.
- Record Collector Motorhead feature: Issue 167 July 1993. Additional material by Mick Stevenson.
- The Illustrated Collector's Guide to Motorhead (with Mick Stevenson) Collector's Guide Publishing, Canada; 1994 ISBN 0-9695736-2-6 Search this book on ..
- " Rock's Wild Things -The Trogg Files" - ISBN 1-900924-19-6 Search this book on . -Helter Skelter Publishing, 15 June 2000. Provided photos and essay of how he and 24 other 15-year-old school pals, met the band at Cheddar Caves, Somerset, UK on 23 May 1966, when The Troggs were being photographed for their first LP, 'From Nowhere The Troggs. '
- Motorheadbangers Diary of the Fans Volume 1 2002 e-booksonline ISBN 1-903949-14-9 Search this book on ..
- All Pens Blazing Vol II - Bright Pen Books; 2010 ISBN 978-0-7552-1256-9 Search this book on . - Includes interview with Burridge.
. "Keep It Together" Rich Deakin (2008) Foreword Mick Farren, book launch by John Sinclair.
- Put That Fag Out! - The Rocker's Guide to Giving Up Smoking ISBN 978-1-907140-22-8 Search this book on .; 2010.
- Live to Win (Official Motorhead biography); 2012 Cleopatra - ISBN 0-9636193-8-1 Search this book on ..
- Motorheadbangers Diary of the Fans Volume 1 - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Rock 'n' Roll Ink - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Motorheadbangers the Fan Club Interviews - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Redesigning a Small Back Garden - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Clean Ashtrays - Put That Fag Out! re-titled 2012 Amazon download.
- Blogs & Diatribes - 2012 Amazon download.
- "Lemmy Kilmister:Life Beyond Motorhead : Collateral Damage" Iron Pages Books - ISBN 978-3-940822-07-9 Search this book on ., 2016.
- The Message ISBN 1-903949-04-1 Search this book on ., 2001.
- Dark Eyes ISBN 1-903949-36-X Search this book on ., 2001.
- The Wizard's Last Spell ISBN 1-903949-10-6 Search this book on ., 2001.
- Dream Reapers ISBN 1-903949-06-8 Search this book on ., 2001.
- Deal Gone Down ISBN 1-903949-16-5 Search this book on ., 2002.
- Snapper ISBN 1-903949-17-3 Search this book on ., 2002
- AfterShock ISBN 1-903949-18-1 Search this book on ., 2002.
- Violent Society ISBN 1-903949-15-7 Search this book on ., 2002.
- Audrey's Story ISBN 1-903949-27-0 Search this book on ., 2003.
- Bewitching Times ISBN 1-903949-30-0 Search this book on ., 2003.
- A Conspiracy of Silence ISBN 1-903949-38-6 Search this book on ., 2004.
- Guttersnipes ISBN 1-903949-40-8 Search this book on ., 2005.
- When the Clouds Have Passed ISBN 978-1-907140-21-1 Search this book on ., 2010.
- Thunder in a Bottle ISBN 978-1-907140-32-7 Search this book on ., 2010.
- Within Spitting Distance - Amazon download 2011.
- Murder in the Village - When The Clouds Have Passed re-titled Amazon download 2012.
- Thunder in a Bottle - New cover artwork - Amazon download 2012.
- The Coffin Dodgers - Short Story - Amazon download 2012.
All of the above books, with the exception of Dream Reapers, are available as downloads from Amazon.
- When Upton Had Trains ISBN 978-1-897887-75-2 Search this book on ., 2008.
- Bournemouth Rocks! ISBN 978-1-897887-77-6 Search this book on ., 2009.
- Upton's Clay Industries & associated rail links Template:ISBN 9781897887929, 2017.
- Long-Forgotten Facts About Upton & Poole in Dorset - 2011 - Amazon download.
- Lytchett Minster & Upton Walks (Editor) - 2012 - Amazon download.
- Friends 4 Upton Library Author Talks Reviews* - 2014 - Amazon download.
Fiction / local interest
- When Upton Was Bewitched - A Limited Edition of 50 numbered copies sold at author talks - 2009.
Fan club CD
- Sheep in Wolves Clothing - With songs on Motorhead tribute albums sounding much like the originals, Burridge invited an assortment of musicians and bands to provide polar opposite versions for this CD project, released in March 2008.
Contributing musicians / bands and tracks: 'Capricorn' - Mad Dogs / '1916' - The Sweet Zeros / 'I Don't Believe a Word' - Sonja Kristina / 'Lost Johnny' - The Deviants / 'Back at the Funny Farm' - The Underbelly / 'Ace of Spades' - Spirits Burning with Bridget Wishart / 'Orgasmatron' - Hobbyhorse / 'Damage Case' - Lissy Abraham / 'Stay Clean' - Alan Davey's Gunslinger / 'Metropolis' - Girlschool.
The Deviants track featured Philthy Animal Taylor on drums, and Girlschool's track featured Fast Eddie Clarke.
- "INTERVJU - ALAN BURRIDGE". Getmetal.com article. Archived from the original on 29 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-07-10.
- Motorhead Videobiography (Double DVD with 48 page book) Edgehill Publishing Ltd., June 2007 ISBN 978-1-905954-38-4 Search this book on .
- Motorhead Overkill (Double DVD) Sandbeach Holdings Ltd; February 2008 UPC 823880026096
- Motorhead The Ultimate Review (Double DVD) - Alternate edits to the releases above. Anvil Media Ltd (ANV5096) - July 2013.
- Living With MS - Mini-Documentary featuring Alan Burridge
- The ace of spades – Alan Burridge, interviewed by Ray Fairclough in Dorset Life, 2018
- It was #5 in Amazon's Bestselling British Detective Story download novels chart on 8 and 10 May 2012, staying in the Top 10 for 3 weeks.
- "Motorhead tribute band to play Arnprior". Arnprior EMC. 24 March 2016. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Burridge, Alan (April 1991). "Motorhead". Record Collector (140): 16–22.
- Burridge, Alan; Mick Stevenson (July 1993). "Motorhead". Record Collector (167): 72–76.
- Fairclough, Ray (February 2018). "The ace of spades – Alan Burridge Ray Fairclough interviews Alan Burridge, Upton clay industry historian and Motörhead biographer". DorsetLife. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Seaside rock" by Patrick Gough (17 August 2009)
This article "Alan Burridge (writer)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alan Burridge (writer). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.