Alan Hunt (professor)
His main fields of research interests include legal theory, sociology of law, the relationship between legal and social theory, social regulation and the way in which law interacts with other forms of control, with a particular interest in the regulation of consumption (e.g. alcohol, tobacco, etc.). He is currently[when?] working on the relationship between moral and legal regulation with particular reference to the control of sexuality, prostitution and pornography. In addition, he was the founding chair of the Critical Legal Conference.
- Governing Morals: A Social History of Moral Regulation, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1999.
- Governance of the Consuming Passions: A History of Sumptuary Regulation, Macmillan, London, 1996.
- Foucault and Law: Towards a New Sociology of Law as Governance (with Gary Wickham), Westview Press, Boulder, Co., 1994.
- "Hunt, Alan J. - Department of Law and Legal Studies". Carleton University. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- Burnham, J. C. (2001-03-01). "Governing Morals: A Social History of Moral Regulation. By Alan Hunt (New York: Cambridge University Press, 1999. x plus 273pp.)". Journal of Social History. 34 (3): 709–710. doi:10.1353/jsh.2001.0005. ISSN 0022-4529.
- Valverde, Mariana (2000). "Alan Hunt. Governing Morals: A Social History of Moral Regulation". Canadian Journal of Sociology Online. Retrieved 2017-12-26.
- Bristow, Edward; Hunt, Alan. "Governing Morals: A Social History of Moral Regulation". The American Historical Review. 106 (1). doi:10.2307/2652239.
- Crowston, Clare (1998-03-01). "Governance of the Consuming Passions: A History of Sumptuary Law by Alan Hunt". American Journal of Sociology. 103 (5): 1475–1477. doi:10.1086/231389. ISSN 0002-9602.
- Skidmore, Paul (1997). "Governance of the consuming passions: A history of sumptuary law. By Hunt Alan. [Basingstoke and London: Macmillion Press Ltd.1996. xix, 431, (References) 28 and (index) 7pp. Hardback. £45:00 net. ISBN 0-333-63332-6.]". The Cambridge Law Journal. 56 (3): 631–633. doi:10.1017/S0008197300098639. ISSN 1469-2139.
- Shelly, Robert (1996). "Foucault and Law: Towards a Sociology of Law as Governance" (PDF). UNSW Law Journal. 19: 512–516.
- Baxter, Hugh (1996). "Bringing Foucault into Law and Law into Foucault". Stanford Law Review. 48 (2): 449–479. doi:10.2307/1229368.
|This biography of a Canadian sociologist is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Alan Hunt (professor)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.