Welcome to EverybodyWiki ! Nuvola apps kgpg.png Sign in or create an account to improve, watchlist or create an article like a company page or a bio (yours ?)...


From EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Alcura, launched in March 2013, is an international service brand that is primarily a clinical research organisation [1]. It provides a range of services such as pharmacy and patient support, clinical trial services, and solutions for healthcare organisations, companies and professionals [1]. It currently operates and has international offices located across several European countries: United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, The Netherlands, Germany and Romania. [2], however its headquarters is based in Weybridge in the United Kingdom.

Alcura is a member of Walgreens Boots Alliance which was formed through the merger of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in 2014. Walgreens had previously bought a 45% stake in the company in 2012[3] but completed takeover by purchasing the remaining 55% in December 2014[4][5]. Alcura has since operated as a subsidiary of this global healthcare venture.

History[edit | edit source]

Before the brand launched in 2013, Alcura operated under different business[6], however as part of the launch, several of the countries it operates in underwent a re-brand. For example, within the United Kingdom it previously traded as Central Homecare Ltd[7] which provided home healthcare services to patients who require management assistance for complex drug therapies. In France it was previously known as Locapharm.[8]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. 1.0 1.1 "Alcura Health: Services". Alcura. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  2. "Alcura Health: About".
  3. Caesar, Julia (19 June 2012). "US retailer Walgreen buys 45% stake in Alliance Boots". BBC. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  4. "Walgreens and Alliance Boots Complete Step 2 of Merger to Form First Global Pharmacy-Led, Health and Wellbeing Enterprise". 31 December 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  5. Neville, Simon (29 December 2014). "Boots merger with Walgreens approved despite calls for remedies from Wall Street". Independent. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  6. "Alcura - Trial of the century". World Pharma. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  7. Trainis, Neil (March 11, 2013). "Central Homecare Re-branded To Alcura In 'Exciting Step For Home Healthcare In UK'". Pharmacy Business. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
  8. "Alliance Boots harmonise ses activités de services spécialisés de santé sous une nouvelle marque : Alcura™". Retrieved 28 February 2018.

External links[edit | edit source]

This article "Alcura" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alcura. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.

Compte Twitter EverybodyWiki Follow us on https://twitter.com/EverybodyWiki !