This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Biography[edit | edit source]
Kmiec was born in Poland and migrated to the United Kingdom in 2004 and came to Australia in 2009. She moved from Queensland to Ballarat in 2010. Kmiec completed Higher National Diploma in Photography at London Metropolitan University in London, United Kingdom. Aldona was a Multicultural Ambassador of City of Ballarat in 2012-2014. Aldona currently works on cultural diversity projects with regional communities in Ballarat and East Gippsland. Kmiec's work has been exhibited in shows including "In the Process of Healing" at the Ballarat International Foto Biennale  and Pol-Art festival in Melbourne and Brisbane. Her work is held in public collection of Museum of Democracy at Eureka, Ballarat Arts Foundation and private collections.
Awards and prizes[edit | edit source]
- 2016 Finalist, Eureka Art Prize, Ballarat
- 2014 I Nagroda, BAF Eureka Art Prize
- 2013 Artist Residency 'Under the Floorboards', Uniting Care, Ballarat 
- 2012 Honorable Mention, Black & White Spider Awards
- 2012 Finalist, Creative Writing, "Moja emigracja, My Migration", Favoryta Publishing
- 2008 Winner, End of Year Best Photo Competition, AOP Gallery, London
Exhibitions[edit | edit source]
Solo exhibitions[edit | edit source]
- 2018: Pol-Art Festival, Brisbane (upcoming)
- 2017: In the process of healing, Ballarat International Foto Biennale
- 2015: Dreamscapes, Ballarat Foto Biennale
- 2013: We R You, Ballarat Faces Murals
- 2013: Australia, a New Chapter and Lost but Found, Ballarat Foto Biennale
Group exhibitions[edit | edit source]
- 2018: In the process of healing Ballarat International Foto Biennale
- 2016: THIS IS ME: Examination of the art of self image, The Lost Ones Gallery, Ballarat
- 2015: Beyond Reality, PolArt Festival, Victorian Artists Society, Melbourne
- 2014: Bowness Photography Prize Finalist, wystawa zbiorowa, Monash Gallery of Art, Melbourne
- 2013: CCP Leica Salon, Centre of Contemporary Photography, Melbourne
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
- Moja emigracja. My Migration. Buccan, Qld: Favoryta, 2012. ISBN 9780987176943. National Library of Poland in Warsaw and National Library of Australia in Canberra, ACT
[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Cluff, Caleb (2016-02-19). "A developing vision – Aldona Kmiec". The Courier. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- Brine, Dominic (2012-09-05). "Everyone's journey is different". ABC Ballarat. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Multicultural Ambassadors Program". City of Ballarat.
- "Ballarat International Foto Biennale Fringe". 2018-04-14.
- Wilson, Amber (2016-11-21). "Ballarat's top artistic talent goes on show". The Courier. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- Ashley Veal. "Ballarat Arts Foundation Eureka Art Award 2014". federation.edu.au. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- Brine, Dominic (8 December 2013). "A red carpet is rolled out for some, while others tread under the floorboards, away from the lights and the sun". ABC Ballarat.
- "7th Winners Gallery | Spider Awards". www.thespiderawards.com. Retrieved 2017-03-20.
- "Moja emigracja = My migration book. NATIONAL LIBRARY OF AUSTRALIA".
- "Digital Photography – Photography Tips, Advice & Camera Reviews | Digital Photographer Magazine » Blog Archive » Aldona Kmiec announced winner of Best Photo Competition". news.dphotographer.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- "POLART 2018 BRISBANE 14th Festival of Polish Visual and Performing Arts".
- "IN THE PROCESS OF HEALING | BALLARAT INTERNATIONAL FOTO BIENNALE".
- Vreeland, Dellaram (2015-08-25). "Photos take audience to the land of dreams". The Ballarat Courier.
- Partland, Lily (28 June 2013). "We R You: public art project celebrates the faces of Ballarat". ABC Ballarat.
- "We R You Murals Photo Gallery".
- Sweet, Emily (2013-08-27). "Lost But Found: Do you recognise this woman". The Ballarat Courier.
- "THIS IS ME: Examination of the art of self-image | Australian Arts Review". artsreview.com.au. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- "Pol-Art Exhibition catalogue" (PDF).
- "2014 Bowness Photography Prize". www.mga.org.au. 2014-09-17. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
- "CCP Exhibition Preview". www.ccp.org.au. Retrieved 2017-03-04.
This article "Aldona Kmiec" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aldona Kmiec. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.