Alex Alfieri (born 1971) is an Italian neurosurgeon, from South Tyrol, Brixen. Chief of neurosurgery in Switzerland and university full professor in Germany.
Previously he attended the University of Verona (Italy) receiving his degree in medicine in 1996. He was nominated 2014 professor of neurosurgery at the Brandenburg Medical School and 2019 was coopted as professor of neurosurgery at the Faculty of Health Sciences in Potsdam.
He did his surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the Department of Neurosurgery in Verona (Italy) under Dr. Albino Bricolo. After completing his residency, Alfieri joined the Neurosurgery of the Central General Hospital of Bolzano (South Tyrol) with a primary appointment in Pediatric Neurosurgery. He subsequently joined the staff of the Inselspital in Bern (Switzerland) and developed primary interests in pituitary surgery, neurovascular surgery, and neuro-oncological surgery along with a continuing interest in applied research. In 2008 he joined the Neurosurgical Department at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg. He is the founder and chairman of the Spinal Center of North Brandenburg and substitute chairman of the Examination Committees for Neurosurgery of Brandenburg.
Alfieri has published articles on neuroanatomy, syringomyelia, vascular neurosurgery, and spine surgery. Alfieri joined the Faculty Board of the Brandenburg Medical School (MHB). He is specialized on vascular neurosurgery, pediatric neurosurgery, spine surgery, pituitary, and neurooncological surgery. He is member of the European Board of Neurological Surgery (formerly the Joint Examination Committee of the EANS and UEMS).
- Alfieri, Alex; Rampp, Stefan; Strauss, Christian; Fleischhammer, Julius; Rachinger, Jens; Scheller, Christian; Prell, Julian (February 2014). "The relationship between nervus intermedius anatomy, ultrastructure, electrophysiology, and clinical function. Usefulness in cerebellopontine microsurgery". Acta Neurochirurgica. 156 (2): 403–408. doi:10.1007/s00701-013-1952-1. ISSN 0001-6268.
- A. Alfieri u. a.: History of the nervus intermedius of Wrisberg. In: Annals of Anatomy. 2010, PMID 20427169
- A. Alfieri: Der Nervus intermedius. Südwestdeutscher Verlag für Hochschulschriften, 2012, ISBN 978-3838110714 Search this book on ..
- Hoza D, Vlasák A, Hořínek D, Sameš M, Alfieri A. DTI-MRI biomarkers in the search for normal pressure hydrocephalus aetiology: a review. Neurosurg Rev. 2015 Apr;38(2):239-44; discussion 244. doi:10.1007/s10143-014-0584-0. 2014, PMID 25345377
- Gazzeri R, Galarza M, Fiore C, Callovini G, Alfieri A. Use of tissue-glue-coated collagen sponge (TachoSil) to repair minor cerebral dural venous sinus lacerations: technical note. Neurosurgery. 2015 Mar;11 Suppl 2:32-6; discussion 36. doi:10.1227/NEU.0000000000000614. PMID 25584959
- J, Strauss C, Rachinger J, Scheller C, Alfieri A, Herfurth K, Rampp S. The intermedius nerve as a confounding variable for monitoring of the free-running electromyogram. Clin Neurophysiol. 2015 Jan 20. doi:10.1016/j.clinph.2014.11.028. PMID 25655939
- Alfieri u. a.: The relationship between nervus intermedius anatomy, ultrastructure, electrophysiology, and clinical function. Usefulness in cerebellopontine microsurgery. In: Acta Neurochir (Wien). 156, Nr. 2, 2014, S. 403–408, doi:10.1007/s00701-013-1952-1
This article "Alex Alfieri" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alex Alfieri. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.