Director of Photography
Camera Operator - Video Production Specialist
Alex Kinter is an award-winning Director & Cinematographer who is a visually driven storyteller with a background in commercial video production, film, music videos, & digital photography. He is a detail-oriented Creative Director, he has RED digital Imaging and post-processing certification and recognized skills in video production with live-action and 3D motion graphics, creating campaigns collaboratively with teams and as a freelancer for a diverse range of clients for the last 15 years.
He has done projects for productions for SMB's, agencies, non-profits, production firms, entertainers & fortune 500 companies.
Alex was born and raised in Cali, Colombia, and moved to Florida with his mother at the age of 5. His father was a regional manager for a chain of furniture rental stores which led the family to move to Texas because of a change in the workplace with his father.
He had an interest in action sports and the arts from an early age. He was soon heavily engaged in graphics, computers, and web development. Since the video courses were always full, he took up photography during his junior year which led to an early start to lighting and composition.
He attended Texas A&M University-Commerce for Art Direction & Photography (2011).
He also received his certification as Digital Imaging & Post-processing Technician from RED Digital Cinema Education (2012).
After completing his early education in 2012, the entered the mainstream entertainment industry and started his career in photography & cinematography and gradually moved into directing music videos, commercial production, marketing, music production, and entrepreneurship.
For many years, he worked alongside entertainment host, Paul Salfen. Alex and Paul worked on shows such as The Drew Pearson Show, Sports Plus, and Inside Entertainment; as well as notable print publications, Envy Magazine, 944 Magazine, ScoreBoard Monthly, Once Alex gained enough commercial, advertising, and industrial experience in the Dallas market, he started a media production company.
He proceeded to receive a notable reputation as a commercial director and has worked with brands such as AT&T, Dallas Cowboys, Hublot, Pernot Ricard, Marriott Courtyard, Sonic, MTV, Viacom, and Mercedes Benz. His media company has extended offices and networks in Dallas, Los Angeles, New Orleans, Chicago, New York, and Miami.
His media company specializes in music videos, commercial production, corporate videos, television cinematography, aerial cinematography, motion graphics, photography, digital marketing, and branded content creation.
His company has quickly been established due to his diverse and gifted talent, he has also ventured into the film production realm with several partners.
He recently directed and produced the short film The Poolside (Alone At The Pool) alongside writer/director Erik Schuessler and starring Anne Beyer.
His ambition for the art and experience in the industry has also led him to start acting per some of his music video clients and film comrades in shorts and web-series, most recently in David Lee's music video - Bringing Hippie back. He has filmed and photographed a wide range of celebrities like Sir Richard Branson, Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis, Selena Gomez, Dirk Nowitzki, Val Kilmer, Stephen King, Jennifer Hudson, Matthew McConaughey, Taryn Manning, and Paul Oakenfold, just to name a few. With extended business networks and teams in the commercial advertising space, he produces key content pieces and effective video marketing strategies for many established local, national, and internationally recognized brands.
Presently, he consults many brands and businesses for their video marketing needs. He is also in the development process of a couple of upcoming feature length film projects and is a forex day trader.
- Indie Shorts Awards New York - NYC
- Indie Shorts Awards Cannes - France
- Prague International Film Festival - Czech Republic
- Global Indie Film Fest - Glasgow, Scotland
- Andromeda Film Festival - Istanbul, Turkey
- Milan Gold Awards - Italy
- New York Movie Awards - NYC
- Florence Film Awards - France
- FilmHaus - Berlin, Germany
Nominations - Finalist
- Indie Short Fest - Best Thriller Short - Los Angeles, CA 1/21 - Won
- Lisbon Film Rendezvous - Finalist - Lisbon, Portugal - In Consideration
Awards - Award Winner
- Indie Short Fest - Best Thriller Short, Jury Award of Excellence (Special Mention)
- Independent Shorts Awards - Platinum Award for Best Mystery Short, Gold Award for Best First Time Director, Gold Award for Best Cinematography, Best Film of the Month (Runner-up)
- IndieX Film Fest - Award of Excellence (Special Mention), Best Women Short
- Art Film Awards - Best Short Film
- Best Indie Film Award - Best Indie Experimental Film (Short)
- Andromeda Film Festival - Best Short Film
- Milan Gold Awards - Silver Award for Indie Short Film
- New York Movie Awards - Best Indie Short Film
- Florence Film Awards - Honorable Mention for Indie Short Film
- FilmHaus - Honorable Mention
- Best Director Award - Gold Award for Best 1st Time Director of a Short
- "Alex Kinter". imdb.com. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- "Poolside". filmfreeway.com. Retrieved 2021-03-17.
- "Award Winners: February 2021". indieshortfest.com. Retrieved 2021-03-17.
- "Award Winners of January 2021". independentshortsawards.com. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- "AWARD WINNERS: FEBRUARY 2021". indiexfest.com. Retrieved 2021-03-20.
- "Gold Awards: January 2021". independentshortsawards.com. Retrieved 2021-03-20.