Alexander Hagani (born 1996) is a New York City-based filmmaker. He is known for his short films, Terry (2020), Sonflower (2019) and Refuge Island (2017). His work has played at the Columbus International Film & Animation Festival and was a Semi-Finalist at the Rhode Island International Film Festival. He received his MA in Filmmaking at the London Film School.
Life and Career
Hagani grew up in the Upper Manhattan area of New York City. He attended the Dwight School and graduated from the University of Massachusetts Amherst in 2018. During his time at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, Hagani wrote, produced, and directed his first short film, Refuge Island (2017), while studying abroad at the University of Technology Sydney.
During his time in Amherst, Hagani created, wrote, directed, produced, and acted in the Web television series Boys to Men (2015-2018). The series ran five full-length episodes and drew parallels to the lives of Hagani and the cast and crew over their four years at college. The series won the university-recognized award, the Michael S. Roif Excellence in Film Studies Award twice. In 2018, the series received syndication on the local television channel, Amherst Media.
Hagani studied at the London Film School from 2018 to 2020, where he was deemed an 'Emerging Talent to Watch Out For'. During his studies, he worked with British stage and screen actor Adrian McLoughlin for his most recent short film, Terry. His time in London was cut short by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hagani also has long-standing ties to sleep-away camp, Camp Wekeela, in Hartford, Maine. He was a camper there for years and ultimately took up the position as Performing Arts Department Head in the summer of 2020.
Hagani, as of now, resides in New York and is currently in development on his next short film, Valid Glitter, which will be shot and completed in 2021.
|2017||Refuge Island||Director, writer,
- "Alexander Hagani". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- "bio". Alexander Hagani. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- Hagani, Alexander (2017-06-09), Refuge Island (Short, Drama), Russell Cecil, Sophie Cheeseman, Chris Constable, retrieved 2020-10-30
- "refuge island". Alexander Hagani. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- Boys to Men (TV Series 2015– ) - IMDb, retrieved 2020-10-30
- "boys to men". Alexander Hagani. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- "Michael S. Roif Award | Film Studies | UMass Amherst". www.umass.edu. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- "Boys to Men: A TV show by UMass students for UMass students". UMass Amherst. 2016-11-03. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- "March Roundup: Emerging LFS talent to watch out for | London Film School". lfs.org.uk. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- Hagani, Alexander (2020-04-15), Terry (Short, Drama), Adrian McLoughlin, Charlie Eite, Keith Farnan, Simon Chappell, retrieved 2020-10-30
This article "Alexander Hagani" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexander Hagani. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.