The Alexandre Gallery is an American art gallery Founded 1996 by Philippe Alexandre, the gallery specializes in early 20th century American modernists, particularly those affiliated with the Alfred Stieglitz group, including John Marin, Arthur Dove, Marsden Hartley, Oscar Bluemner, and Georgia O’Keeffe. The gallery was originally located on 57th street in the historic Fuller Building.
|Lua error in Module:Infobox_mapframe at line 118: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Location||724 5th Ave. 4th Floor|
Represented Artists[edit | edit source]
The Alexandre Gallery represents and exhibits numerous contemporary American artists, including New York artists Lois Dodd, a partial founder of the legendary Tanager Gallery, Will Barnet,  winner of the National Medal of Arts in 2011, and Loren MacIver, the first female artist ever included in the MoMA permanent collection. Other notable artists include John Walker, who paints abstract landscapes of the Maine coastline, and Tom Uttech, known for his shockingly detailed paintings of the wildlife and woodlands of the Precambrian Shield.
Full list of Represented Artists[edit | edit source]
- Lois Dodd
- John Walker
- Brett Bigbee
- Will Barnet
- Tom Uttech
- Loren MacIver
- Neil Welliver
- Vincent Smith
- Emily Nelligan
- Marvin Bileck
- Anne Arnold
- Gregory Amenoff
- Sally Hazelet Drummond
- Bernard Langlais
- James Cambronne
References[edit | edit source]
- "Alexandre Gallery to move locations", [Art Media Agency], New York, 31 July 2015. Retrieved on 25 July 2018.
- Smith, Roberta."What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week", [New York Times], New York, 16 February 2017. Retrieved on 26 July 2018.
- Kennedy, Randy. "‘Inventing Downtown’ Recalls When Artists Ran the Galleries", [New York Times], New York, 10 January 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Smith, Roberta. "Will Barnet: 'Recent Abstract Paintings'" [New York Times], New York, 25 June 2010. Retrieved on 26 July 2018.
- Keyes, Bob. "Maine inspired painter receives National Medal of Arts" [Portland Press Herald], Portland, 14 February 2012. Retrieved on 26 July 2018.
- Smith, Roberta. "ART IN REVIEW; Loren MacIver -- 'The First Matisse Years'", [New York Times], New York, 15 March 2002. Retrieved 26 July 2018.
- Cotter, Holland. "Loren MacIver, 90, a Painter Known for Her Eclectic Style", [New York Times], New York, 24 May 1998. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Kreimer, Julian. "John Walker", [Art in America], New York, 5 February 2015. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
- Smith, Roberta. "What to See in New York Art Galleries This Week" [New York Times], New York, 8 November 2017. Retrieved 27 July 2018.
This article "Alexandre Gallery" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexandre Gallery. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.