Alexsander Iakobachvili (also known as Alexander or Alex Iakobashvili)
|Alexsander Iakobachvili (also known as Alexander or Alex Iakobashvili)|
|Born||May 9, 1955|
|🏳️ Nationality||British, Georgian|
Alexsander Iakobachvili (also spelled Alexander, Alex Iakobashvili, born May 9, 1955). Since Sept 2019 Iakobachvili has been heading Price Markets UK Ltd in London as a CEO/Executive Director.
Born in Riga, Latvia, Alexsander has graduated from Georgian Technical University and secured his BSc/MSc degrees at Civil and Industrial Engineering Department. He then pursued post-graduate studies in Civil Constructions at the same University under G.Kartsivadze's supervision for 3 years. In 1993 A.Iakobachvili was awarded Kapitza Fellowship Grant for the most eminent scientists provided by the Royal Society (United Kingdom) and continued his research at the City, University of London, Engineering Department headed by Professor Laurie Boswell. Within the Fellowship program he provided presentations to colleagues at the British National Space Centre and Department of Engineering of the University of Cambridge. Through his career, Iakobachvili continued to improve his in-depth knowledge and professional skills gaining necessary certifications and training; he also was an active participant in international professional events.
Iakobachvili continued his scientific career as a Deputy Director at the Institute of Space Structures (former SKB) - part of the Georgian Technical University under Elguja Medzmariashvili's supervision where he was conducting joint research in close collaboration with the leading scientists in aerospace engineering. Alexsander was a part of the international team of highly advanced professionals, led by the Institute of Aerospace Structures at Georgian Technical University and CNII "Kometa". He worked in close collaboration with Anatoly Savin - an Honourable Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, M.Zakson, A.G.Chernyavskij from Rocket and Space Corporation Energia (corporation). A. Iakobachvili completed his PhD in 1989 in the field of high precision large aerospace deployable structures modelling and testing. The PhD thesis was approved by the VAK in 1989.
Extensive collective engineering research has been materialized and resulted in the creation of technically advanced Georgian Institute of Space Constructions, which performed thorough testing of the large aerospace structures. Some of the large deployable structures were also tested in orbital space environment after the experimental studies have been completed in-ground conditions imitating weightlessness. Good example is the deployable structure which was tested by the team of Progress 42 M spacecraft carrier in July 1999.
The original plan, however, was to launch the object in space in 1989-1990 and include Iakobachvili in the astronaut team. It was planned Iakobachvili would perform the space experiment as a specialist who has already tested the object in ground conditions. V. Vachnadze – the former Director-General of Rocket and Space Corporation "Energia", Anatoly Savin and E.Medzmariashvili were supervising this particular scientific project. The project has been postponed due to major changes in the political system of the country in 1990. In 1980-1992 Iakobachvili was a Deputy Director of the Georgian Institute of Space Constructions covering various company's activities under E.Medzmariashvili's supervision. He served as a Leading Engineer in CNII “Kometa” in Moscow (Russia) in 1992–1993.
Since September 2019, Iakobachvili has been heading Price Markets UK Ltd. in London as a CEO/Executive Director. He is approved and licensed by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, United Kingdom) to carry controlled functions for the firm. Price Markets UK Ltd. is an FCA regulated matched principal broker and an international provider of financial products and infrastructure services to the professional investment community (example: FX Prime Brokerage, FIX protocol trading, electronic trading, etc.). The company provides clearing, execution, hardware, software, and networking infrastructure to a variety of price takers and price makers, including some of the world's leading Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds and Proprietary trading. Before joining Price Markets UK Ltd Alexsander Iakobachvili obtained a proven track record working in a senior positions for over 20 years:
- 2018 – 2019: CEO/Managing Director, Global Markets Group Ltd, UK;
- 2019: VP, Global Market Index Ltd, UK;
- 2010 – 2018: Vice-President, CFH Clearing Ltd, UK], currently part of Playtech;
- 2009 – 2010: Senior Institutional FX Sales Manager, London Capital Group Ltd, UK;
- 2007 – 2009: Director, Thomson Reuters Company-FXAll, UK;
- 2010–2011, Squared Financial Services Ltd, UK Representative, Ireland, Dublin;
- 1997 – 2007: Senior Account Manager, IdeaGlobal, UK with Nicholas Stern, Baron Desai, and Prof. Helmut Schlesinger on Advisory Board. IdeaGlobal Ltd, is global leader and international supplier of: independent microeconomics research, real-time data, on-line market intelligence and data via web-technologies, Thomson Reuters and Bloomberg.
- 1995 -1997: Director, Target-Invest International Ltd, UK.
Throughout his career, Iakobachvili has been associated with new business creation working with numerous audiences and top tier financial institutions.
- Конструкции систем имитации невесомости для испытаний развертываемых антенн Науч. рук.: Заксон М.А., Медзмариашвили, Элгуджа_Викторович. М-во высш. и сред. спец. образ. ГССР, ГПИ. - Тбилиси, 1989. - 18 с. - Библиогр.: с. 17-18 (7 назв.)
- "Космические достижения Грузии". Грузия всегда с тобой... April 12, 2016.
- "Космические эксперименты Грузии". Sputnik Грузия.
- "Reflektor". Gunter's Space Page.
- "Космонавт из Грузии - ВИДЕО". www.apsny.ge.
- "Exclusive: Price Markets Sold to German Investor, Taps Alex Iakobachvili". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. February 24, 2020.
- "PRICE MARKETS UK LTD - Officers (free information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "NewRegister". register.fca.org.uk.
- "Exclusive: CEO Alex Iakobachvili Leaves Global Markets Group (GMG)". Finance Magnates | Financial and business news. September 13, 2019.
- "Reuters". July 29, 2020 – via Wikipedia.
- "TARGET-INVEST INTERNATIONAL LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
This article "Alexsander Iakobachvili" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexsander Iakobachvili. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.