Bishop Alfredo Mingolla-Montrezza
|Native name||Alfredo Mingolla-Montrezza|
|🏡 Residence||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
Independent Orthodox Bishop
|Reference style||His Excellency|
|Spoken style||Your Excellency|
Alfredo Mario Mingolla-Montrezza (Valerian of Silio) is an Argentinian Independent Orthodox bishop of the Belarus Orthodox Church in Argentina.
His Portuguese biography on the website of the Hispanic Orthodox Catholic Church reads: "Mar Valerian of Silio (Alfredo Mario Mingolla-Montrezza) was ordained to the presbyterate on April 2, 2000 in the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Annunciation, in Taguatinga, Brasília, Brazil, by the Archbishop of the Syrian Orthodox Church, of the Diocese of Brasília, Dom Leolino Gómez Neto."
Various sources suggest he was a paramilitary leader involved in drug trafficking and disappearances in South America. The Wikipedia page on the Guatemalan Civil War reads: "One Argentine intelligence officer who is known to have been active in Guatemala during this time is Alfredo Mario Mingolla, who participated in the 1980 'Cocaine Coup' in Bolivia which put General Luis Garcia Meza in power. With the help of former SS officer and Nazi German war criminal Klaus Barbie and Argentine advisors such as Mingolla, the Bolivian regime violently repressed its opposition. Mingolla was also one of the Argentine advisors known to have been involved in training Battalion 3-16 in Honduras with the CIA, which was responsible for hundreds of disappearances. In Guatemala, Mingolla worked with the military intelligence services (G-2), which was responsible for coordinating many of the assassinations and disappearances in Guatemala."
|Bishop||Belarus Orthodox Church in Argentina|
|Rector||San Alexis Orthodox Seminary|
- [Date] - Born
- 10 Jun 1977 - Ordained to the Diaconate by Clemente Dominguez Gomez (Pope Gregory XXVI)
- 2 Apr 2000 - Ordained to the Presbyterate by Leolino Gomez Neto (Syrian Orthodox)
- 10 Sep 2001 - Elevated to Archpriest by Athanasios Luiz Antonio Kir Aloisios (Belarus Orthodox)
- 19 Mar 2005 - Consecrated to the Episcopate and named Archbishop & Eparch of Buenos Aires by Athanasios Luiz Antonio de Nacimiento Kir Aloisios (Mar Athanasios), Oskar Arnedo Camino & Alexandros de Greco Liebana
Honorary Degrees & Degrees from Non-accredited Institutions
- Bachelor, Licentiate & Master of theology, concentration in Pastoral Psychology, Theological Faculty of Pernambuco
- Doctor of Theology, summa cum laude, Theological Faculty of Pernambuco (Dissertation: Critical Essay on the Theology of Teilhard de Chardin)
In the News
- Mingollas's Arrest a Time Bomb for the CIA (1987)
- Obispo Mario Alberto Mingolla: un siervo del terrorismo de Estado [Bishop Mario Alberto Mingolla: A Servant of State Terrorism] (2014)
- Terrorismo de Estado y narcotráfico: La llamada Iglesia Ortodoxa Bielorrusa Eslava y la impunidad en la Argentina [State Terrorism and Drug Trafficking: The so-called Belarus Orthodox Church and the Impunity of Argentina] (2017)
- El represor que vio la luz. [The Repressor Who Saw the Light] (2019)
Ordinations & Consecrations
- 20 Apr 2007 - Mingolla-Montrezza ordained Fr. Teofano & three other priests to the Presbyterate, with Arnedo Camino
- 22 Mar 2008 - Mingolla-Montrezza consecrated to the Episcopate Paulo Jorge de Jesus Laureana, Archbishop & Primate of the Hispanic Orthodox Catholic Church of Latin America
De la ceremonia participaron: Monseñor Arnedo Camino y Monseñor Alfredo M. Montrezza (Mons. Valerian) , junto al Archipreste Mons. Primozic, en la Santa Iglesia Católica del Pueblo de Dinamarca.