|Created by||Cary Huang|
|Directed by||Cary Huang|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||7 (season 1) 15 (season 2)|
|Running time||Varies between each episode|
|Original release||November 18, 2012 –|
March 26, 2015
Description[edit | edit source]
Algicosathlon, when broken down, means twenty (ico) events (sathlon) in Algodoo (Alg). In Cary's version, there were 16 athletes of different colors. Athletes would earn points based on how well they did in each individual event. After the end of each event (with the exception of team events), the athlete with the lowest amount of points would be eliminated. Points are multiplied by 1.5 (i.e. 100, 150, etc.) and are rounded if necessary.
The Characters[edit | edit source]
16 athletes competed in Cary's version. The contestants were:
- Magenta - A contestant that places 12th. At the end of day 5, Magenta was seen with the other eliminated athletes screaming in pain in the vat of lava. She/he was most likely carykh's favorite.
- Purple - The winner of Algicosathlon. She has a mean personality, especially towards Pink.
- Tan - Tan was the first to lose in Algicosathlon. At the end of days 3 and 5, Tan was seen with the other eliminated athletes screaming in pain in the vat of lava.
- Orange - Orange is a friendly contestant and places 7th with 4,843 points.
- Lime - The color is actually the web color green (00FF00). He is friendly and placed 3rd with 33,061 and is the highest-ranked of those who did not advance to the finale.
- Red - Red placed 3rd to last with 96 points. At the end of days 3 and 5, Red was seen with the other eliminated athletes screaming in pain in the vat of lava.
- Blue - Blue is a fan-favorite and placed 6th/16th and has 7,236 points. He is the highest-ranked of those who had less than 1,000 points.
- Lavender - Lavender placed 5th with 12,000+ points. She is very ethical because, on day 11, she was crying because everyone was so mean to each other.
- Yellow - The runner-up with 63,000+ points. Along with his complement, Purple, they were the finalists, and his points were nearly double Lime's.
- Brown - Brown was 4th to last with 154 points. At the end of day 5, Brown was making dying noises while the other eliminated contestants were screaming in pain in the vat of lava.
- Gray - Gray is a "sad" contestant and was in 9th place with 2,211 points. He is the highest one who did not pass the halfway mark.
- Navy - Navy was 11th with 445 points. He is mean.
- Olive - Olive placed 8th with 3,367 and was the only one eliminated after a team event, and was the only one eliminated via voting.
- Pink - Pink was 4th with 20,063 points. She is very friendly.
- Cyan - Cyan was 2nd to last with 22 points. At the end of days 3 and 5, Cyan was seen with the other eliminated athletes screaming in pain in the vat of lava.
- Green - Green was placed 10th with 1,516 points. He is selfless, as shown on Day 2. When Purple was about to fall, Green avoided Purple, an act of kindness.
Coverage[edit | edit source]
The first event was a Race to the Bowl, which is usually the 1st event in many Algicosathlons. Yellow was the first to enter the bowl. Purple came in last (15th) and Tan was eliminated with 1 point and 16th place.
The second event was BMX Cycling. The final 15 raced on a track that looped itself. The goal was to not fall into the abyss. Brown and Orange started the first crash. When 6 athletes remained, a speed bump was added. Navy won, and Purple got 2nd. Cyan was eliminated with 22 points and 15th place.
The third day had two events. The third event was Archery. The athletes were divided into two teams: light colors (Orange, Red, Lime, Lavender, Pink, Magenta, and Yellow) and dark colors (Gray, Blue, Olive, Green, Brown, Purple, and Navy). The athletes shot arrows at each other. Blue was the only athlete left unharmed (not hit by an arrow). He was awarded 75 points. The survivors were Orange, Pink, and Magenta on the light colors; and Blue and Purple on the dark colors. The survivors participated in a second round. The lights won, and each one earned 50 points. It was a team event, so no one was eliminated. The fourth event was sled-dog racing. The athletes were divided into teams of 3, except for Gray and Olive. Olive won and Red was eliminated with 96 points and 14th place. Tan, Cyan, and Red were shown in an animated cartoon screaming in a vat of lava. In the fourth day, the event was the long jump. Yellow was the first one to jump, and they jumped in leaderboard order; Purple made it next. Olive was next. After him, Navy jumped next. Pink was next, and so on. Lavender was the last one to jump. Lime won the event. Brown was eliminated with 154 points.
The fifth day was another double event day. The first one was tower defense, and the two teams were A-M (Blue, Gray, Green, Lavender, Lime, and Magenta) and N-Z (Navy, Olive, Orange, Pink, Purple, and Yellow) A-M's tower was the first one to be hit. A-M won, and everyone on the A-M team won 100 points. The next challenge was rowing, and there were two groups of six. Orange won the event, and Blue was second. The eliminated athlete was Magenta, with 302 points. Another animation of the eliminated athletes screaming in lava was played, and Tan, Cyan, Red, and Magenta were screaming while Brown was making dying noises. She was the first athlete with her memories being shown after elimination.
In the sixth day, the event was basketball, and the eliminated athletes were the players, and the balls were crafted by the remaining athletes, with three of each color. Orange was the first athlete to get a ball in the basket, and Olive was the first athlete to get all of his balls in the basket, making him win the event. Lime was the last to get all of the basketballs in the basket. Navy was eliminated with 445 points.
In the seventh day, the final ten got extra points from viewers, and the event was excavating. Due to it being uploaded in the holiday season, it had no elimination. The first group had Purple, Gray, and Pink. Purple moved on the final round. The second group was Yellow, Green, and Lavender. Lavender made it to the final round. The third group was Blue, Orange, Olive, and Lime. Olive moved on the final round. The final round consisted of Olive, Purple, and Lavender. Purple won the event, and there was no elimination for the event, due to it being uploaded near the Christmas season.
The eighth day was a blast from the past. The two events were Race to the Bowl 2 and BMX Cycling 2. The RTTB 2 event had two bowls, a good one and a bad one. Olive was the first one to get in the bowl. Pink and Lime were the next two to make it. Instead of making it first, Yellow was third. Gray, Olive, Purple, Green, and Blue were next. Then, it took a long time before Orange finished, who was second-to-last. Lavender was last. Green was the first athlete to be eliminated in that day, with 1,516 points. In BMX 2 Gray was the first to fall, and Yellow won. Blue was second. Gray was eliminated with 2,211 points.
During the ninth day, the event was hockey. The teams were long names (Purple, Lavender, Yellow, and Orange) versus short names (Pink, Olive, Lime, and Blue). The athletes could now hit the puck with their hands. There were different kinds of pucks. There were 7 rounds. The long name team won, and as a reward, each won 1,000 points. The creator then let the viewers vote, but then canceled voting. Olive got the most votes.
In the tenth day, Olive was eliminated with 3,367 points, and the event was nighttime baby transportation on horseback (A popular sport in the Algodooland). The first group was Yellow and Blue. Yellow won. The second was Lavender and Lime, and then finally Purple, Orange, and Pink. Pink won the event, and with 4,843 points, Orange was eliminated.
In the eleventh day, the event was bowling. There was only one round, but unlike normal bowling, each athlete could bowl 3 times, because they are less coordinated. The order that they would bowl was from the leaderboard, meaning that Pink was first and Blue was last. Lime and Blue got 16 points, and since Lime was hit 3 out of 5 times and Blue was hit 5 out of 5 times, he won. Purple won the event, and Blue was eliminated with 7,236 points.
In the twelfth day, the final 5 did weightlifting (more like weight-holding). Darker-colored weights are heavier. Lavender and Pink got the first weights. Yellow was the first one to die in the first round and Lavender won. Purple lost in the second round, and Lime won. In the third round, Lavender lost, and Purple won. Also, Lavender was eliminated with 12,614 points, the first eliminated with over 10,000 points.
In the thirteenth day, the event was wrestling in a tournament style, and it was best of two. They lose if they touch the ground. The first round of the preliminary round was Lime vs. Yellow. Yellow won both rounds and advanced to the winner round. The final round of the preliminary round was Purple vs. Pink. Purple won both rounds like Yellow. The loser round was Lime vs. Pink. Pink won both rounds. The winner round was Yellow vs. Purple. Yellow won the second round, and Purple won. Pink was eliminated with 20,063 points.
In the fourteenth day, they did pearl catching. Purple got the first pearl, but she kicked it out. Yellow was in the lead with 12 pearls. Purple beat Lime when she got the last pearl, and Lime got eliminated with 12 pearls and 33,061 points. The final two were Yellow and Purple.
In the final (fifteenth) day, there were three events. The first one was weightlifting 2. Purple got the first weights, and Yellow moved the arms in one side. Purple got a nonwhite weight, and Yellow lost. In RTTB 3, Yellow won, and Purple took a long time to get in the bowl. The third (and final) event was BMX 3, and the teams were the same as the archery contest (Yellow's team has Tan and Cyan, and Red is on Purple's team) Red fell off first. Orange was the first member from Yellow's team to fall. Purple was the first team captain to fall. Cyan was the last athlete of Yellow's team to fall, and Purple won thanks to Brown. With 63,671 points, Yellow was eliminated (flung hard) and Purple (queen) won with 69,916 points.
Placing[edit | edit source]
|Name||Rank||Score||Relative score||Reward/Punishment Money|
Links[edit | edit source]
- Playlist for all the videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tQJ5f4RAw4&list=PLMHF5yQS32WUEA-Aj69EeI1-YR3zc7Enc
- Algicosathlon Wiki: https://algicosathlon.wikia.com/wiki/Algicosathlon_Wiki_(new_version)
This article "Algicosathlon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Algicosathlon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.