Allan Gonzaga Carreon (born April 28, 1972 – died December 13, 2016) was a Filipino man known for being a nuisance candidate during the 2016 Philippine presidential elections. He gained widespread media attention in the Philippines after filing a certificate of candidacy (COC) in the Commission of Elections (COMELEC), which was rejected. Carreon became well-known for describing himself as an "Intergalactic Earth Ambassador" and claiming to be able to communicate with extraterrestrial life. Months after the elections, he died in his home after suffering from heart disease.
Biography[edit | edit source]
According to his personal profile on the talent scouting website Starnow, Carreon was born to Paulina Casalada and Mariano Catipay in Iligan City, Philippines. He worked as a waiter for a Wendy's restaurant and as a singer for-hire.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Allan Carreon is a Singer based in Philippines". StarNow. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- iJuander: Grupong nagsasaliksik sa mga alien, kilalanin sa "i Juander", retrieved 2018-06-19
- "FILING OF CERTIFICATES OF CANDIDACY IN CONNECTION WITH THE 2016 NATIONAL AND LOCAL ELECTIONS (PRESIDENT)" (PDF). Commission on Elections. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- Quito, Anne. "An intergalactic space ambassador wants to be the Philippines' next president". Quartz. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "The anatomy of a nuisance candidate". cnn. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- hermes (2015-10-17). "Out-of-this-world hopefuls". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- Hegina, Aries Joseph. "LIST: Presidential, VP, senatorial aspirants on Day 2 of COC filing". Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- Diplomat, Anthony Fensom, The. "New President Won't Slow Philippines". The Diplomat. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
This article "Allan Carreon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Allan Carreon/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.