Amoli' is a documentary film about the commercial sexual exploitation of children.Produced by Culture Machine Media Pvt. Ltd. and directed by Jasmine Kaur Roy and Avinash Roy, the film narrates the personal accounts of survivors of the trade and explores the inner workings of this ugly business. 
The film was released online on 7th May 2018 on YouTube, Facebook and Hotstar in 7 languages. The film is narrated by Rajkummar Rao (Hindi), Vidya Balan (English), Kamal Haasan (Tamil), Puneeth Rajkumar (Kannada), Jisshu Sengupta (Bengali), Sachin Khedekar (Marathi) and Nani (actor) (Telugu).
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
15-year-old Amoli suddenly went missing one day from her home in the remote tea gardens of West Bengal, India. Like Amoli, a child goes missing every 8 minutes in India. Where do these children go? What happens to them? 'Amoli' is the story of children who are trafficked and sold into commercial sex work. The film takes a look into the workings of this dark, nefarious business and narrates the stories of some survivors who have been rescued from the trade.
References[edit | edit source]
- Staff, Scroll. "Watch: In 'Amoli', the hunt for a missing girl unravels the horrors of child sex trafficking". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "This new documentary shines light in the life of a girl child trafficked for sex". mid-day. 2018-04-15. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Amoli: The fate of children kidnapped in India for sex". Deccan Herald. 2018-05-05. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- Sinha, Sayoni (2018-05-19). "Have you seen my girl?". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- Kappal, Bhanuj (2018-05-04). "Amoli: The search for India's missing girls". https://www.livemint.com/. Retrieved 2018-06-04. External link in
- Team, ELLE India. "This documentary exposes India's billion-dollar sex trafficking industry". Elle India. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Culture Machine's Amoli tells a heart-wrenching story about sexual exploitation of children". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Child Trafficking and Film Amoli's Priceless Message to the World - The New Leam". The New Leam. 2018-05-17. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar Rao lend voice to film on sexual exploitation titled Amoli: Priceless". The Indian Express. 2018-05-06. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Amoli: Kamal Haasan, Vidya Balan, Rajkummar Rao lend voice to documentary on sexual exploitation- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- R, Shilpa Sebastian (2018-05-07). "Puneeth Rajkumar lends his voice for 'Amoli: Priceless'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Amoli Short Film - Tamil Child Tracking "A Must Watch" Narrated by Mr. Kamal Haasan - News Bugz". www.newsbugz.com. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Kamal Haasan, Vidya Balan lend voice to film on sexual exploitation". The News Minute. 2018-05-06. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Vidya Balan, Rajkummar Rao, Kamal Haasan, And Others Lend Voice To Amoli, A Documentary On Child Sex Trafficking". Silverscreen.in. 2018-05-08. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- IANS (2018-05-06). "Kamal Haasan, Rajkummar lend voice to film on sexual exploitation". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
- "Kamal Haasan lends voice to film on sexual exploitation - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-04.
External Links[edit | edit source]
This article "Amoli (Film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amoli (Film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.