|Birth name||Amrita Kak|
|Genres||playback singing, Indipop|
|Years active||2004 – present|
Amrita Kak is a Bollywood singer who has made music for many Bollywood films. She is the daughter of Indian politician Beena Kak. Actor Salman Khan was responsible for introducing her to the film industry, and due to their closeness, she has been called his rakhi sister. She has also sung most of her songs for his films.
Career[edit | edit source]
She was the singer of the songs Just Chill from Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya?, Character Dheela from Ready, Desi Beat from Bodyguard to name a few. She is also trained in Indian classical music.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Amrita's mother is Bina Kak, an Indian Politician. She has a brother, Ankur Kak & a rakhi brother, Indian actor Salman Khan, who is her mentor. Amrita is married to Riju Jhunjhunwala on 29 May 2010.
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|Song||Film||Year released||Language||Additional information|
|Just Chill||Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya?||2005||Hindi|
|Tujhe Aksa Beach Ghuma Doon||God Tussi Great Ho||2008||Hindi|
|Love Me Love Me||Wanted||2009||Hindi|
|Character Dheela, Dhinka Chika||Ready||2011||Hindi|||
References[edit | edit source]
- "Ex-minister Bina Kak celebrated her 60th birthday grandly in Delhi". The Times of India. 28 February 2014.
- Kamra, Diksha (1 June 2011). "Salman's treat me like a sister". The Times of India.
- "Review: Bodyguard music is average". Rediff. 29 July 2011.
- "Singer Amrita Kak is just chilling at the moment". DNA. 4 May 2011.
- Shukla, Richa (24 October 2013). "Amrita Kak Jhunjhunwala performs at Sufi festival". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "Dangerous Ishq: Music Review". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- Vijayakar, Rajiv (1 July 2011). "Style & substance". The Indian Express.
- "मंत्री की ये बेटी है सलमान की मुंहबोली बहन, बिजनेसमैन से कराई थी शादी". Dainik Bhaskar.
- "राजनेता और बॉलीवुड अभिनेत्री बीना काक का आज है हैप्पी बर्थडे". www.patrika.com (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "I am too shy to perform on stage: Amrita Kak". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2018-03-03.
- "All in the family". The Hindu. 2011-06-20. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-03-07.
- "A grand wedding reception!". The Times of India. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- "Music Review- Ready". Hindustan Times. 30 April 2011.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Amrita Kak" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amrita Kak. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.