|Democratic Party candidate for|
U.S. House of Representatives from California's 22nd district
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Education||California State University, Stanislaus (BA, MPA)|
Southwestern Law School (JD)
Andrew Janz is a prosecutor and the Democratic candidate running for California's 22nd congressional district representative in the U.S. House of Representatives in the 2018 election. Janz is running against Republican incumbent Devin Nunes.
Janz was raised in Visalia, California. After graduating from Redwood High School, he attended California State University, Stanislaus where he earned a bachelor's degree in economics in 2006. Three years later, he earned a master’s degree in public administration from the same university. In 2012, he graduated from Southwestern Law School with a law degree.
Janz clerked for a judge in Clark County, Nevada district court after completing law school. In 2014, he was hired by the Fresno County District Attorney's Office, where he serves as a Deputy District Attorney in the Violent Crimes Unit.
2018 Congressional campaign
Janz announced his campaign for the U.S. House of Representatives for California's 22nd congressional district in April 2017. If he wins the Democratic primary in June, he will be running against incumbent Devin Nunes. He is viewed as a long shot for the office in the heavily Republican district. In April 2018, a national political forecasting organization run by the University of Virginia downgraded the race as no longer a "safe seat" for Devin Nunes citing the Janz campaign raising over $1.4 million and the competitive campaign being waged against Nunes.
- Schatz, Bryan (February 2, 2018). "There's a Brutal New Campaign Ad Targeting Devin Nunes and His Memo". Mother Jones. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- Marinucci, Carla; Siders, David (February 3, 2018). "Nunes challenger seizes on FBI memo uproar". Politico. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- Stracqualursi, Veronica (February 3, 2018). "Rep. Nunes' Democratic opponents capitalizing on memo release". CNN. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- Sheehan, Tim (April 25, 2017). "County prosecutor Andrew Janz says he'll challenge Devin Nunes for Congress seat". The Fresno Bee. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
- "Rep. Devin Nunes is no longer 'safe' in his race for re-election, forecaster says". fresnobee. Retrieved 2018-05-21.
- Anapol, Avery (February 2, 2018). "Nunes opponent raises over $100K in campaign donations amid memo controversy". The Hill. Retrieved February 4, 2018.
This article "Andrew Janz" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andrew Janz. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.