Andrew P. Tomas or Alfred Tomas (born A. Boncza-Tomaszewski 1906 Saint Petersburg – 2001) was an Australian author. Tomas was born in St Petersburg, Russia in 1906, from where the family moved to Helsinki in 1911, where his father served as a naval officer. With the independence of Finland, Tomas' father was posted to China, where he spent the next 21 years until the Chinese Communist Revolution, following which the family moved to the United States. Tomas spent the rest of his life in Australia as a UFO-researcher, and was also a freemason. Tomas fluently spoke and wrote in (at least) Russian, English and French. His works have been translated into over 60 languages. During his lifetime, Tomas published at least eight books. The rarest of his published works is probably his 1950 work on astrology and tarot cards, Signs, stars and seers; An experiment in historical prediction.
The subject matter of Tomas' works is similar to those of Erich von Däniken, but Tomas wrote on these topics decades before Däniken in his 1935 book The Planetary Doctrine.
Works released to the general public
- Beyond the Time Barrier. Sphere Books, 1974. ISBN 042503061X Search this book on .
- Kua yue shi kong di qi ji: gu dai ke xue, ji shu, wen hua zhi mi. [Across Time and Space Episode 7: Ancient Science, Technology, and Cultural Mysteries.] Zhongguo lao dong chu ban she [China Labor Press], 1992. ISBN 750451005X Search this book on . Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist.
- Las maquinaciones de la noche (El sueño en la historia y la historia del sueño). 1973 Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist.
- Mirage of the Ages: A Critique of Christianity. Exposition Pr of Florida, 1983 ISBN 0682499994 Search this book on .
- On the shores of endless worlds - The search for cosmic life. Bantam Books, 1974. ISBN 0553084658 Search this book on .
- Shambhala: oasis of light. Sphere, 1977. ISBN 0722185545 Search this book on .
- The home of the gods: Atlantis from legend to discovery. Robert Hale & Co., 1972. ISBN 0722185510 Search this book on .
- We are not the first - riddles of ancient science. G.P. Putnam's, 1971. ISBN 028562007X Search this book on .
- Paul Smith (collective pseudonym) (2017). Bruno Antonio Buike, ed. Bibliography of Occult and Fantastic Beliefs, vol.4 S-Z. Bruno Buike. p. 138. Search this book on
- Library Thing
- Andrew Tomas-Australian UFO Pioneer
- UFO Investigation Centre Australia
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Andrew Tomas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andrew Tomas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.