Ang Cheng Hock
|Ang Cheng Hock|
|Page Template:Nobold/styles.css has no content.Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Unicode data' not found.|
|Judicial Commissioner of Singapore|
|Assumed office |
14 May 2018
|Appointed by||Halimah Yacob|
|Born||1970 (age 48–49)|
Education[edit | edit source]
Ang graduated from the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law with an LLB in 1995. He topped his class and obtained a first class honours. While an undergraduate student, Ang and his team won the 1994 Philip C Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Career[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Ang completed his pupillage (now known as practice training) in Allen & Gledhill under current Law Minister K Shanmugam and finished at the top of the Postgraduate Practical Law Course in 1996, when he was called to the Singapore Bar. He was then deployed as a Justices' Law Clerk in the Supreme Court.
After returning to Allen & Gledhill, Ang rose to become a partner. He practises in litigation and arbitration. In 2017, he was ranked Band 1 in litigation by Chambers and Partners, who noted that he "is very analytical; persuasive in his arguments and incisive in his submissions".
Judicial career[edit | edit source]
Family[edit | edit source]
Ang is married.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Ang Cheng Hock, SC" (PDF). Allen & Gledhill.
- "History of the Faculty". NUS Faculty of Law. 2017.
- Toh, Mavis (4 January 2009). "The four new Senior Counsel" (PDF). The Straits Times. Singapore.
- "Cheng Hock Ang SC". Chambers and Partners. 2017.
- "Appointments to the Supreme Court Bench". Prime Minister's Office. 12 February 2018.
- "Swearing-in and Appointment Ceremony of Judicial Commissioner". The Istana. 17 May 2018.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Ang Cheng Hock" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage Ang Cheng Hock/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.