Anil Chaturvedi has been in the banking world for over four decades. He has extensive experience with private investments and commercial banking. Chaturvedi began his career in banking working as a management trainee and worked his way up to becoming the managing director of an international bank.
|Native name||Anil Chaturvedi|
|🏫 Education||Delhi University|
|🎓 Alma mater||Delhi University|
Anil Chaturvedi attended Meerut University in India. He graduated with honors in 1971, earning a bachelor’s degree in economics. From there, Chaturvedi was admitted to the Delhi School of Economics at Delhi University. There Chaturvedi cultivated his business mind while earning his MBA.
After earning his MBA, Anil Chaturvedi started working as a management trainee for the State Bank of India (SBI) in 1973. It would be with the State Bank of India that Chaturvedi would learn the ropes of the banking world, where, as a trainee, he had the opportunity to work in different departments of the bank, which allowed him to become familiar with the business as a whole. Just five years later, Chaturvedi became a branch manager at the bank, in charge of 60 employees. He was able to grow the business by 100% in five years, in addition to tending to the numerous other responsibilities of his position.
Chaturvedi’s decade of success at the State Bank of India did not go unnoticed by his peers and management. In 1983, Chaturvedi became the manager of investment banking in the capital markets division of SBI. Chaturvedi was again relied upon to develop the business while assuming other responsibilities, and was able to bring in over 100 new clients involved in multiple different areas such as equity raising and foreign collaborations.
In 1987, Chaturvedi was selected to become the manager of business development at the Bank of India’s New York location. There, Chaturvedi launched a large NRI deposit program that brought in over 3,000 clients and held over 100 seminars. Those clients brought in a combined $3.2 billion to the SBI, the largest government-owned Indian Bank. This time, Chaturvedi’s exemplary work was recognized with a prestigious accolade, as he was awarded the “Man of the Year” award for all Indians in America.
After nearly two decades working for the State Bank of India, Anil Chaturvedi knew it was time to move on. In 1991, he became the head for the entirety of North America for ANZ Grindlays Bank, located in New York. It was Chaturvedi’s task to establish the bank in the United States and grow the NRI business for India’s largest foreign bank. His experience growing the NRI program of the SBI served Chaturvedi well as he built this bank from the ground up. In just over a decade working for Grindlays, Chaturvedi had created a profitable operation and a 300 million-dollar deposit base.
While building a bank from the ground up may seem like work enough for one man, Chaturvedi was also serving as the vice president and director for Merrill Lynch in New York at the time. He was able to create 300 accounts from scratch, with 1.2 billion dollars of assets under management. Needless to say, the accolades kept adding up. Chaturvedi ranked second at BAC-ML, an International Private Banking Group, for five years. He was also a member of Barron’s Top Producers Club and the Circle of Excellence.
Chaturvedi’s pattern of rising through the ranks was consistent at both the State Bank of India as well as Merrill Lynch. In 2002, he became senior vice president of Merrill Lynch and by 2008 he was the managing director of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, New York. After almost 30 years climbing the ladder of the banking world, Chaturvedi became the managing director of private banking for the Hinduja Bank of Switzerland.
Chaturvedi has thrived in his six years of work for HBS. He was expected to establish new business and delivered, bringing in 50 clients and managing their assets. He is responsible for over 100 million dollars in gross assets and averages a revenue of 1.3 million annually.
- htc. (2018a, June 19). Fintech and its Disruption of the Banking Industry, According to Anil Chaturvedi - HiTechChronicle. Retrieved July 28, 2020, from HiTechChronicle website: https://hitechchronicle.com/2018/06/fintech-and-disruption-of-banking-industry-anil-chaturvedi/
- htc. (2018b, August 28). What Does a Modern Investment Banker Do? Industry Veteran Anil Chaturvedi Answers - HiTechChronicle. Retrieved July 28, 2020, from HiTechChronicle website: https://hitechchronicle.com/2018/08/modern-investment-banker-industry-veteran-anil-chaturvedi/
- Ferguson, B. (2018, August 28). 3 Asset Bubbles and Why They Happened According to Veteran Investor Anil Chaturvedi -. Retrieved July 28, 2020, from https://affiliatedork.com/3-asset-bubbles-happened-according-veteran-investor-anil-chaturvedi
- Report, D. F. (2018a, July 10). Long-Time Bank Executive Anil Chaturvedi Explains Bank’s Role in the World Economy. Retrieved July 28, 2020, from Daily Forex Report website: https://www.dailyforexreport.com/long-time-bank-executive-anil-chaturvedi-explains-banks-role-world-economy/
- Report, D. F. (2018b, September 10). Everything You Need to Know About Mergers and Acquisitions, with Insights from Banker Anil Chaturvedi. Retrieved July 28, 2020, from Daily Forex Report website: https://www.dailyforexreport.com/mergers-acquisitions-insights-banker-anil-chaturvedi/
- The Great Recession: Before and After with Anil Chaturvedi - Career Savvy. (2020, July 24). Retrieved July 28, 2020, from Career Savvy website: https://www.careersavvy.co.uk/anil-chaturvedi-great-recession-before-after/
- Up!, S. (2020, July 28). One Person Can Make a Difference — Anil and Aarav - Suit Up! - Medium. Medium. Retrieved from https://medium.com/@suiting_up/one-person-can-make-a-difference-anil-and-aarav-f576725f7f6b