Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Ankesh Arora New York Wiki.JPG|
|Residence||New York City|
|Alma mater||BInghamton University, Dartmouth College|
Ankesh Arora is an Indian American entrepreneur, best known as the founder and CEO of ARORA New York, a real estate investment and acquisition firm in New York City focused on acquiring residential and commercial properties; and LAVISH, a luxury event collective specializing in event design and production. Arora has previously contributed to the development of notable companies in advertising and healthcare and has been an integral part of New York City digital and technology ecosystem responsible for "City's High-Tech Renaissance", as reported by Cnbc and The Huffington Post.
Arora holds a bachelors degree in biomedical engineering and a masters degree in industrial and systems engineering with concentration in healthcare from Binghamton University. He is also a distinguished alumnus and a graduate of Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth College in operations management. Arora has been awarded the distinction of membership by the executive leadership council of Sigma Alpha Lambda National Leadership and Honors Organization.
With prior experience in major hospitals, Arora is the author of Parallel Patient Flow to Reduce Length of Stay in Emergency Departments.
Arora is a member of Made in NY, an incentive program and marketing campaign of the City of New York Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment (MOME) led by Michael Bloomberg. The MOME agency comprises four divisions: Mayor's Office of Film, Theatre & Broadcasting which coordinates film and television production throughout the five boroughs; NYC Media, the largest municipal television and radio broadcasting entity in the country with a reach of 18 million viewers within a 50-mile radius; Workforce and educational initiatives in film, television, theater, music, publishing, advertising and digital content to support the development of NYC's creative industries, which account for over 305,000 jobs, and an economic output of $104 billion; and the Office of Nightlife, supporting the sustainable development of New York City's nightlife industry which accounts for close to 300,000 jobs and an economic output of $35.1 billion.
- ARORA New York
- LAVISH | Luxury Event Collective
- "Made in NY™ – Ankesh Arora, CEO and Co-Founder of Mobile Universal", Alley Watch. Retrieved May, 2013.
- "New York Startups Help Fuel City's High-Tech Renaissance", CNBC. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "New York Startups Help Fuel City’s High-Tech Renaissance", The Huffington Post. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering, Binghamton University, 2009.
- Thayer School of Engineering, Dartmouth College, 2010.
- Arora, Ankesh. Parallel Patient Flow to Reduce Length of Stay in Emergency Departments, ProQuest, 2011. ISBN-10: 1267156716 ISBN-13: 9781267156716
- "Mayor Bloomberg Launches Made In NY Initiative To Support New York City’s Thriving Tech Industry And Continue Record Job Growth", European American Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 2013.
- Mayor's Office of Media and Entertainment, City of New York, 2013.