|📆 Years active||1984–present|
Antony Szeto is an Australian film director and producer.
Szeto studied martial arts at the Beijing Sport University, and later joined the Australian Wushu Team.
Szeto also trained as a stuntman and is a registered stunt performer under New South Wales Equity, an Australian-based state union for actors. He went on to study at Bond University in Queensland, Australia where he won awards including Best Student Director Award.
After completing his degree Szeto worked at a ship construction company, where he studied and gained his MBA, moving his way up into a senior executive position before leaving the company to start his own animation company with his friends. It was there that he directed Hong Kong's first CGI feature film called DragonBlade: The Legend of Lang. Apart from directing, he has also done voice acting, wrote the script, directed the voice actors and served as fight choreographer for the film. The film got a Nomination for a Golden Horse Award, and it won Szeto an Award from the Australian Directors Guild.
Although a film director today, Szeto is also known as a fight choreographer and stunt coordinator. He trained in various types of martial arts including judo, karate, taekwondo, fencing, wushu, aikido, and Cai Li Fo, where he became an instructor of the art. His largest project as a fight choreographer was on Thailand's highest-grossing film to date Naresuan. There he worked with training some 200 soldiers and all the main cast, and set up grand battle scenes amongst horses and elephants. He was the action consultant for the Hollywood film Ghost in the Shell.
He was the in-house director and producer for a China-based film studio.
- Bond University (Bachelor's degree in Finance and Media Production)
- University of Hull (Master's degree in Business Administration)
- Beijing Sport University (Advanced Coaching in Wushu)
|2017||"Shen gong yuan ling" (Horror)||《深宫怨灵》||Director||Produced by Roger Corman, Lead actors: Katie Savoy, JuJu Chan|
|2014||"Fist of the Dragon" (Action)||《猛龍追擊8小時》||Director||Produced by Roger Corman, Lead actors: Josh Thomson, JuJu Chan, Ellary Porterfield, Won Bronze Remy for Best Adventure/Action Film from WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival, 2 Wins and 2 Second placing out of 7 Nominations Action on Film International Film Festival, 2 Wins out of 5 Nominations for WideScreen International Film Festival|
|2013||Yong Chun Xiao Long||《詠春小龍》||Co-director|| Starring Yuen Wah|
|"Palace of the Damned" (Horror)||Director||Produced by Roger Corman, Official Selection 2013 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival (as The Living Dead), Official Selection 2013 Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival|
|2011||ShadowGuard: The Blood Bond Saga||《赤色追擊》||Co-director|| Directed by and Starring Michael Biehn|
|2008||Jackie Chan Presents: Wushu||《武术之少年行》||Director||Starring Sammo Hung|
|2007||Naresuan||Fight Choreographer||Highest grossing Thai film to date|
|2005||DragonBlade||《龍刀奇緣》||Director and Action Choreographer||Won Award from Australian Directors Guild, and Nominated for Golden Horse Award, Starring Daniel Wu and Karen Mok|
|Taped (short)||Director||Nominated for IFVA Award, Starring Maggie Q|
- "Wushu Interview: Wushu the Movie". W1F. Archived from the original on 2010-06-16. Unknown parameter
- "Wushu Interview: Antony Szeto". TimeOut Hong Kong. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2011. Unknown parameter
- "Antony Szeto". Kung Fu Cinema. Archived from the original on 2011-05-24. Unknown parameter
- "Female Filmmakers Scoop ASDA Award". State of the Arts. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Unknown parameter
- Boland, Michaela (6 April 2006). "Award Winners". Variety.
- "Jackie Chan Promotes Wushu at Cannes Film Festival". wu-jing.org. Archived from the original on 19 July 2010. Retrieved 22 May 2011. Unknown parameter
- "Cannes2008 Wushu Jackie Chan Photocall". Zimbio.
- "Cannes 2008 Wushu Jackie Chan Photocall". WireImages.[permanent dead link]
- "Jackie Chan Poses with Antony Szeto et al". Getty Images.
- "ACE Studios Team". ACE Studios.
- "Headlines from China: Roger Corman's 'Palace of the Damned' to Open in China on November 17". ChinaFilmInsider. 20 October 2017.
- "Death Mist – Interviews With Cast And Crew – Part 1". AsianMoviePulse. 7 December 2014.
- "Fist of the Dragon – Awards" (PDF). Action on Film.
- "Fist of the Dragon – Awards". WideSreeen 2017 Awards.
- "Fist of the Dragon – Nominations". Action Elite WideScreen 2017 Nominations.
- "Yong Chun Xiao Long". alfredrocks. Archived from the original on 27 January 2012. Unknown parameter
- "The Living Dead". PiFan. Archived from the original on 2013-08-07. Unknown parameter
http://dansmoviereport.blogspot.com/2014/12/director-antony-szeto-interview-c-2014.html Interview with Antony Szeto from Dan's Movie Report
This article "Antony Szeto" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Antony Szeto. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.