In Hindu tradition, the Apat sannyas is all about deciding to explore multi-dimensions of individual. The moment person decides, “I am celebrating myself because I am consciousness,” person declares Apat Sannyasa. Apat sannyasa is nothing but individual deciding to celebrate his/her consciousness, deciding to engage, to explore the possibilities of consciousness.” Apat Sannyas means whoever thinks their life is in danger, to escape from that, they take Apat Sannyas.
Etymology and synonyms
Apat Saṃnyāsa in Sanskrit Apat means urgent, nyasa means purification, sannyasa means "Purification of Everything". It is a composite word of saṃ- which means "together, all", ni- which means "down" and āsa from the root as, meaning "to throw" or "to put". A literal translation of Apat Sannyāsa is "to put down everything, all of it". Sannyasa is sometimes spelled as Sanyasa.
Story of Adi Shankaracharya
Adi Shankaracharya took his first sannyas when his life was in danger. A crocodile bit his leg, he thought his life was in danger, so he took Sannyas, so that let his life ends as a sanyasi. When life was threatened, he took Apat Sannyasa to save not only himself, but the Avataric mission for which he assumed the body and came down.
- "Kailaasa in Philippines". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- "Yashodhara Balaji". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-09-20.
- saMnyAsa Monier-Williams' Sanskrit-English Dictionary, Cologne Digital Sanskrit Lexicon, Germany
- Angus Stevenson and Maurice Wait (2011), Concise Oxford English Dictionary, ISBN 978-019-9601080 Search this book on ., page 1275
- pravrajitA Sanskrit-English Dictionary, Koeln University, Germany
- yatin Sanskrit-English Dictionary, Koeln University, Germany
- Patrick Olivelle (1981), Contributions to the Semantic History of Saṃnyāsa, Journal of the American Oriental Society, Vol. 101, No. 3, pages 265-274
This article "Apat Sannyas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Apat Sannyas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.