|Directed by||Giordano Giulivi|
|Screenplay by||Giordano Giulivi, Duccio Giulivi, Silvano Bertolin, Luca Silvani|
|Music by||Duccio Giulivi|
|Edited by||Giordano Giulivi|
Search Apollo 54 on Amazon.Apollo 54 is a 2007 low-budget film directed by Giordano Giulivi and produced by The 54 Production. It is a science fiction comedy and a satire of other films in the genre.
What are the strange symbols that have interrupted television broadcasts for days? Who sends them? Even the media questions the nature of this phenomenon that could get out of hand. And what is the strange cable that the young scientist Bobby Joe unexpectedly finds in the woods? These events are at the center of the adventure that brings Bobby Joe to space with his co-pilot Jim Bob, on what he considers a robust and flawless spaceship, the Apollo 54.
The film was shot over a period of three years, from 2003 to 2006. The interiors were shot entirely inside a house, where the control room and ventilation ducts of the spaceship were constructed. The setup also included a blue screen. The difficulties of setting up the entire set of the film in a home environment was one of the main reasons for the long production time. Exteriors were shot between 2005 and 2006 at Lake Martignano, Caldara di Manziana, and the waterfalls of the Castel Giuliano.
Most special effects were made using CGI, in particular all scenes set in space. The choice of converting the entire film to sepia monochrome was in order to match all interior shots and the computer graphics into one coherent look. Post-production was carried out my filmmakers in parallel with filming and continued until 2007.
Reception and criticism
Apollo 54 won the Spirit Award at the Brooklyn Film Festival and was dubbed "spaghetti sci-fi" by some US critics. It also played at the Anchorage International Film Festival and the Seattle International Film Festival, where it competed in the New Director Showcase section.
- Future Film Festival (2017)
- CinemAvvenire Video Festival (2010)
- Las Vegas Film Festival (2009)
- Premio Fontanella Di Roma (2009)
- Science + Fiction (2008)
- Salerno International Film Festival (2008)
- Dual Fest (2008)
- Comic-Con International Independent Film Festival (2008)
- Napoli Film Festival (2008)
- Brooklyn International Film Festival (2008)
- Seattle International Film Festival (2008)
- Anchorage International Film Festival (2007)
- Tentacoli Film Festival (2007)
Awards and recognition
- Best editing, Brooklyn International Film Festival 2008
- Best spirit of the festival movie award, Brooklyn International Film Festival 2008
- S*. "Apollo 54, l'astronave funivia ∂ Fantascienza.com". Fantascienza.com (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "apollo54". www.lascatolachiara.it. Retrieved 2021-07-12.
- Coltrinari Daniele, Apollo 54 il primo lungometraggio dei 54, «L'agone», 2007, 233, 12
- "APOLLO 54 (2007), di Giordano Giulivi". CineLapsus.com (in italiano). 2017-05-04. Retrieved 2021-07-12.
- "APOLLO 54 by Giordano Giulivi @ Brooklyn Film Festival". Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "SPECIALE CINEMA/BROOKLYN FILM FESTIVAL/ Premiato Apollo 54 di Giordano Giulivi | Oggi 7". 2016-03-04. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "Review of Apollo 54 - I love this film!". Quiet Earth. Retrieved 2021-04-29.
- "Apollo 54". Trieste Science+Fiction Festival (in italiano). Retrieved 2021-07-12.
I've added more sources, but the Italian article about the film would be another source, just not sure how to note that circumstance.
This article "Apollo 54" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Apollo 54. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.