This article is incomplete.September 2016)(
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
New York, NY,
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||Intelligent mobile-centric CRM platform|
Number of employees
Appboy Inc. is a mobile marketing company based in New York City. It develops customer relationship management and mobile marketing automation software that businesses use to manage their mobile applications. The company is headquartered in New York, New York, with additional offices in San Francisco, California and London.
Appboy was founded in 2011 by Mark Ghermezian. Ghermezian left his job in the energy industry and raised $3 million from family and other investors in order to start the company. That same year, Bill Magnuson and Jon Hyman joined the company as co-founders.
Appboy manages mobile applications for Tinder, Domino's Pizza, Urban Outfitters, and SoundCloud. Appboy told Fortune in June 2016 that its software processes approximately 2 billion messages per month between 420 million users.
The company received $7.6 million in Series A funding in November 2013 (from Icon Ventures, Michael Lazerow, Blumberg Capital, Accelerator Ventures, Bullpen Capital and Triple Five Group) and $15 million in Series B funding in October 2014 (from InterWest Partners, Icon Ventures, Blumberg Capital, Triple Five Group and IDG Ventures). In May 2016, Appboy closed a $20 million Series C funding round, bringing the company's total funding to $42.5 million.
- Clancy, Heather (June 30, 2016). "This Startup Helps Marketers Optimize Mobile Outreach". Fortune. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Rusli, Evelyn (April 4, 2012). "Heirs to Old Money Plunge Into Tech". New York Times. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Empson, Rip (November 23, 2011). "AppBoy Raises A Cool Million To Let App Developers Better Engage And Understand Their User Base". TechCrunch. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Perez, Sarah (6 November 2013). "Appboy Raises $7.6M Series A To Bring Marketing Automation Tools To Mobile Apps". TechCrunch. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- Chapman, Lizette (2 October 2014). "Appboy Raises $15 Million to Help Businesses Improve Mobile Marketing". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- Levine, Barry (March 25, 2015). "Appboy becomes a grown-up competitor in the marketing world". VentureBeat. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Perez, Sarah (January 9, 2013). "Appboy's New Customer Segmentation Product Helps Mobile App Developers Re-engage Users". TechCrunch. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Warren, Christina (March 9, 2010). "Appboy Gets a New Design, iPhone App and Best Buy Partnership". Mashable. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- "Appboy Study Finds Android Apps Have Higher Retention Rates than iOS Apps". App Developer Magazine. May 20, 2016. Retrieved September 20, 2016.
This article "Appboy" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.