Dr. Arijit Das
|Born||14 March 1978|
Kailashahar, Tripura, India
|Children||Ashmit Das(Son), Akshainie Das(Daughter)|
|Parent(s)||Lt. Anil Ranjan Das(Father), Sulekha Das(Mother)|
Arijit Das (born 14 March 1978). is an Indian professor of chemistry and author of articles on chemical education. He has innovated 19 teaching methodologies and invented 39 formulae in the field of chemical education which have been recognized in Asia, Europe, Africa and North America (2017 and 2018).. He published one book from the Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), Germany in July, 2016 entitled ‘Mixed ligand complexes of 1,1-dithiolates and nitrogen donors’. Minerazzi.com, Bayamon, Puerto Rico, USA have launched two educational software tools namely "Hydrocarbons Parser" and "Bond Order Calculator" by applying Dr.Arijit Das’s invented 18 formulae in Aug 2015 and Dec 2018 respectively. These tools were indexed later in computational chemistry section of the City College of New York, NY, USA in 2017 and 2018 respectively He has secured recognition of his inventions through copyright from the copyright office, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, New Delhi in August, 2018. He is also recognized as the life time Fellow, Directorate of Chemical Science, IASR and "Father of modern Chemical Education (Innovative Mnemonics)" by the International Agency for Standards and Ratings (IASR). He is a nominated member of the prestigious American Chemical Society (ACS) since December 2013. He has published nine articles in chem.libretexts.org , University of California, DAVIS, USA (2015–2018). He is also an editorial board member of World Journal of Chemical Education, USA.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early life[edit | edit source]
Arijit Das was born in Kailashahar on 14 March, 1978. His father (Lt. Anil Ranjan Das), who was also a teacher of chemistry motivated him to study chemistry. After completing his graduation in chemistry in 1998 from Ramkrishna Mahavidyalaya, he pursued his masters in inorganic chemistry in 2001 and Ph.D in 2008 from Tripura University.
Career[edit | edit source]
Arijit Das formerly was appointed Head of Department of Chemistry, Government Degree College, Dharmanagar, Tripura, India. He was also Senior Scientific Officer (Chemical Discipline) in Tripura State Forensic Science Laboratory, Home Department, Government of Tripura, India. He is presently working as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, Ramthakur College (NAAC Gr-B), Agartala.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Dr. Arijit Das from India wins World Championship – 2018 in Chemical Education (Innovative Mnemonics) out of 86 countries".
- "Bond-order and Magnetic Behavior of Diatomic Species without Molecular Orbital Theory". World Journal of Chemical Education. 19 June 2017.
- "Innovative Mnemonics in Chemical Education – A Review Article". American Journal of Chemistry and Applications. 27 April 2018.
- "A Review of Time Economic Innovative Mnemonics in Chemical Education". International Journal of Physics and Chemistry Education. 23 March 2018.
- "Innovative mnemonics in chemical education: review article". African Journal of Chemical Education. African Journal of Chemical Education. 1 July 2018.
- "Review of Innovative Mnemonics for Inorganic and Organic Chemical Education". Chemistry Journal. American Institute of Science. 23 July 2018.
- "Innovative Mnemonics Make Chemical Education Time Economic – A Pedagogical Review Article". Sciepub. World Journal of Chemical Education. 25 September 2018.
- Mixed Ligand Complexes of 1,1-Dithiolates and Nitrogen Donors. Lambert Academic Publishing. 13 July 2016.
- "Tripura professor's methods turned into software in US". The Telegraph. 3 September 2015.
- "'Bond Order Calculator', based on four of 39 formulae of Dr Arijit Das". tripurainfo. 25 December 2018.
- "Chemistry: Computational". 2017–18.
- "Dr Arijit Das conferred copyright and recognition from government of India for his inventions on Chemistry". tripurainfo.com. 9 August 2018.
- "Dr Arijit Das conferred prestigious 'Father of modern Chemical Education' (Innovative Mnemonics) and 'Lifetime Fellow' by IASR". tripurainfo.com. 20 November 2018.
- "Rare honour for NE scientist – Chemistry professor conferred US society membership". The Telegraph. 8 December 2013.
- "Predicting the Hybridization of Heterocyclic Compounds". chemistry LibreTexts. 23 August 2015.
- "Calculating of π-bonds, σ-bonds, single and double bonds in Straight Chain and Cycloalkene Systems". chemistry LibreTexts. 24 August 2015.
- "Identifing Aromatic and Anti-Aromatic Compounds". chemistry LibreTexts. 23 August 2015.
- "Predicting the Bond-Order of Diatomic Species". chemistry LibreTexts. 29 August 2016.
- "Predicting the Hybridization of Simple Molecules". chemistry LibreTexts. 7 February 2018.
- "Predicting the Bond-Order of Oxides based Acid Radicals". chemistry LibreTexts. 15 April 2018.
- "Magnetic Behavior of Diatomic Species". chemistry LibreTexts. 15 April 2018.
- "Evaluating Spin Multiplicity". chemistry LibreTexts. 15 April 2018.
- "Prediction of Aromatic, Anti Aromatic and Non Aromatic Character of Heterocyclic Compounds along with their Omission Behavior- Innovative Mnemonics". chemistry LibreTexts. 15 April 2018.
- "World Journal of Chemical Education".
This article "Arijit Das" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arijit Das. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.