|Native name||Arjun Sampath|
|Years active||1999 - present|
|Organisation||Hindu Makkal Katchi|
|Riots, Hate Speech, Violence|
Arjun sampath is the current president of the Hindu Makkal katchi. He was elected as president after serving his prison sentence for attempted murder charges. He went to jail for attempted murder of DMK MLA C.T. Dhandapani. 
Arjun Sampath was earlier general secretary of the Coimbatore district unit of the BJP but was expelled from the party. He is now in the Vellore Central Prison. He was remanded to judicial custody after the police arrested him under Section 307 (attempt to murder) of the Indian Penal Code for assaulting DMK MLA C.T. Dhandapani on November 30, 1997. Dhandapani had come to see the injured Muslims at the Coimbatore Medical College Hospital.
Arjun Sampath murder charge
Due to various extremist actions the party got repeatedly in conflict with the law. Its leader Arjun Sampath was arrested in 1997 on an attempted murder charge. In 2008 and 2009 party members got temporarily arrested by the police to block them from staging nationalistic demonstrations on the island of Kachchatheevu, which belongs to Sri Lanka.
On October 12 2016, Several groups demanded the arrest of Hindu Makkal Katchi president Arjun Sampath who shared a picture of him doing Ayudha Pooja with weapons like knives, swords, guns and assault rifles.A case was filed by police under section 153 (a) and 25(a) against Arjun Sampath for promoting enmity between the communities.
Threatening other activists
On January 25 2019 An FIR was filed against Hindu Makkal Katchi president Arjun Sampath by police on the request environmental and social activist Piyush Manush who asked the police to take action after the latter posted a defamatory video of Piyush and his family on Facebook. Piyush claimed that he received over 500 phone calls from HMK members and other Hindutva groups, attacking the women in his family and even had to deal with videos and memes of his wife and children.
Crimes of party members
On September 2016, Hindu makkal katchi vice-president was held for the murder of his uncle for not giving him money
Attacks against Christians
On February 13 2018, In the Thiruneermalai area near Chennai the founder of the Hindu Nationalist Party Hindu Makkal Katchi and it's leader Arjun Sampath went door-to-door admonishing area residents to stop attending Christian worship.The members of the party threatened to demolish christian buildings if they continued attending the prayer service. 
On september 13 2017, Police arrested Hindu Makkal Katchi members for locking up a girls’ higher secondary school run by Christian nuns.Hindu Makkal Katchi president Arjun Sampath had announced before that his party cadre would lock up educational institutions run by Christians, which were supporting anti-NEET agitations.
On July 5 2019, 200 Hindu nationalist members of the Hindu Makkal Katchi were arrested for threatening to demolish christian prayer buildings of two pastors in front of the T8 Muthapudupet police station. The members of the Hindu Makkal Katchi party warned them that there should be no Christian worship in the area.
On July 19 2017, Hindu Makkal Katchi members attacked a pastoral team of father and son using steel rods and a butcher’s knife in the Sirkali area of Nagapattinam District.The two pastors suffered injuries from repeated battering with a knife, wooden sticks and steel rods.
Attacks against muslims
On July 11 2019, A gang of 30 Hindu Makkal Katchi members stabbed a muslim man at a village near Tamil Nadu's Nagapattinam for uploading a picture of himself consuming beef soup. The man was injured and admitted to the government hospital at Nagapattinam. .Police have registered cases under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code including attempt to murder.
Disputes with film industry
The party also made repeatedly headlines with actions against women. It pressed charges against the movie stars Kushboo Sundar (2006), Shriya Saran (2008) and Mallika Sherawat (2008) for "indecent dressing" and "offending Hindu values". Party members also harassed women visiting pubs and young couples being out on Valentine's Day.
The party's 5 activists were arrested for indulging in demolition of Periyar E. V. Ramasamy's statue installed in front of the Rajagopuram of Ranganathaswamy Temple situated in Sri Rangam.
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Hindu Makkal Katchi members arrested. The Hindu, 16 August 2008
- Hindu Makkal Katchi TN secretary held Archived 2016-03-04 at the Wayback Machine at Chennai-Online, 23 August 2009
- ChennaiOctober 13, Pramod Madhav; October 13, 2016UPDATED:; Ist, 2016 06:25. "Pro-Hindu leader Arjun Sampath booked for openly promoting Hindu terrorism". India Today. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- "Pooja for guns: HMK chief Sampath booked". Deccan Chronicle. 2016-10-13. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- Reporter, Staff (2016-10-13). "Arjun Sampath, policeman in trouble for Facebook post". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- "Why spread fake news about family members? Piyush Manush petitions to Commissioner of police against Arjun Sampath". simplicity.in. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Activist Piyush Manush files harassment complaint against Arjun Sampath for abuse". www.thenewsminute.com. Retrieved 2019-10-22. Unknown parameter
- Reporter, Staff (2016-05-24). "Hindu Makkal Katchi man held for murder". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- "Churches Deprived of Their Worship Buildings in Tamil Nadu, India". ChristianHeadlines.com. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- "Hindu Makkal Katchi men held for locking up Christian school". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2017-09-13. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Correspondent, Our Southern India (2019-08-23). "Hindu Nationalism Increasingly Evident in India, Sources Say". Morningstar News. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- Correspondent, Our Southern India (2017-08-01). "Police Disingenuous in Hindu Extremist Assault on Pastors in Tamil Nadu, India, Sources Say". Morningstar News. Retrieved 2019-10-04.
- Jul 13, Gokul Rajendran | TNN | Updated:; 2019; Ist, 8:41. "Tamil Nadu man posts Facebook picture consuming beef soup, stabbed; four arrested | Trichy News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- Valayapathy, R. (2019-07-13). "Nagapattinam: Man attacked for beef-eating post on Facebook, four arrested". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- "In a First, Muslim Youth Attacked Over Facebook Post on Beef in Tamil Nadu". NewsClick. 2019-07-12. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- "Tamil Nadu Man Attacked Allegedly After He Posted Photo Having Beef Soup". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2019-10-03.
- HMK alleges Mallika Sherawat of misconduct at news.oneindia.in on 2 May 2008 (retrieved 24 September 2009)
- Moral police targets Mallika Sherawat. The Tribune (Online Edition), 2 May 2008
- Jeremy Page: Young Hindutuva members square up to nationalists over Valentine's Day. The Times, 14 February 2009
- "Periyar statue damaged at Srirangam, tension in town". The Hindu. 2006-12-08. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-03-30.