|File:Arturo Licata.jpg |
|Born||2 May 1902|
|💀Died||24 April 2014|
(aged 111 years, 357 days)
(aged 111 years, 357 days)24 April 2014
|Verified oldest living man|
(13 September 2013－24 April 2014)
|👩 Spouse(s)||Rosa Licata |
(?－1980, her death)
|👶 Children||Children : 7|
Grandchildren : 8
Great-grandchildren : 4
Arturo Licata (2 May 1902 – 24 April 2014) was an Italian supercentenarian, who lived until the age of 111 years, 357 days. Licata was recognized as the world's oldest verified living man, following the death of 112-year-old Salustiano Sanchez on 13 September 2013, until his own death on 24 April 2014.
Licata was born on 2 May 1902 into a family of four brothers and two sisters. At the age of nine he went to work in the mines, and later served in the Italian military, including during the 1936 Italian invasion of Ethiopia. When he was young, Licata walked 22 kilometers (14 miles) every day, due to the lack of cars in his area. He worked as a miner in dangerous working conditions, and later worked at an anti-tuberculosis dispensary and as a businessman. Licata's career lasted for over sixty years. He had seven children: Paolo, Salvatore, Rosario, Concettina, Giuseppina, Lucia and Gaetano (who died in 2000). Licata also had eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. His wife Rosa died in 1980, when Arturo was 78 years old. Licata lived in Enna, Sicily, Italy. Aside from poor hearing and eyesight, he remained in good health until May 2013 when his health began to decline.
- List of Italian supercentenarians
- List of the verified oldest people
- "Oldest Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. Archived from the original on 1 December 2007. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "An Ennan man, the oldest in Italy, "My Secret? Sing and smile"" (in Italian). Retrieved 28 February 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Arturo Licata is celebrating 109 years" (in Italian). Vivienna.it. Retrieved 28 February 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "The oldest man in the world lives in Enna and is 111 years old" (in Italian). Retrieved 15 September 2013.CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- Italia, AGI - Agenzia Giornalistica (2014-04-24). "Morto a Enna a 111 anni Arturo Licata, uomo piu' vecchio al mondo". AGI.it (in italiano). Archived from the original on 2014-04-25. Retrieved 2018-03-04.
- Dr. Alexander Imich confirmed as new world's oldest man at 111, Guinness World Records. Retrieved 15 December 2015.
This article "Arturo Licata" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Arturo Licata. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.